No announcement yet.

Fruit and vegetable company

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jaxom. Thats interesting minimum germination 75%. The price of seeds I expect better than that.
    [

Comment

Told you it was boring! You shou;d have seen the other crap I waded thru to get that
      Last edited by nick the grief; 21-03-2006, 09:24 PM.
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Lesley some seeds have a germination rate of only 50% the Cheltenham variety of Beetroot is the lowest at 50%. Parsley, leek, chicory, endive, carrot, are only 65%.
        Jax

Comment

18th April 2006. Well, it's official, they are a terrible company, they have managed to refund me my money after 6 months of going backwards and forwards on the phone. I can't believe in this day and age there are such bad companies out there, poor customer service, management and no one who would take responsibility but at least I got my money back

I thought those who have followed this saga from the start would like to know. Really, can you believe it?
          Last edited by andrewo; 18-04-2006, 03:59 PM.
          Best wishes
          Andrewo
          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Hi all, don't you think we should compile a list of seed suppliers and have a survey fr4om our members to see just who we should be giving our hard earned money to. Also do you think that seed should come in large and small packets for people who maybe only need to plant a couple of seed each season. I have several packets of seed (particularly pepper and tomato) that i would only plant 3 or 4 of each year and for the most part they have passed their sellby date and are of no further use. I feel quite strongly about this and hope others out there will feel the same way. With all our members we should be able to make a difference.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Hi Bramble. If you put them in the fridge they will stay viable for some time. (well mine do).

As to compiling a list, I think it would be safer to give recommendations rather than to post which particular company you feel is rubbish (for legal reason!). Sometimes the views can be subjective & you may say they were rubbish when it was down to things out of there control (the post or even the weather) I think the example that Andrews just given is (hopefully) the exception rather than the norm.

I'm not sure that GYO would be to keen if we post thing like "don't buy from fred bloogs cos he's crap" either, but if you were to post that you had excellent service from Nick the grief's Gladioli nursery & would thouroughly reccomend them to any one it wouldn't be as controversial.

PS - I haven't got a gladioli nursery before anyone claims I'm out for free advertising
              Last edited by nick the grief; 18-04-2006, 05:33 PM.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Bramble there is a seed company where you can buy as many seeds or as few seeds as you like. www.seeds-by-size.co.uk It's very good. You buy the seeds by weight and there are guides as to how many seeds you would get. It is especially good for vegetables that you only want to grow a few of like courgettes or if you want to try something new but you only want a few to begin with and they have an enormous selection.
                [

Comment

Nick, you are probably right and i don,t want to get anyone into trouble. Just got the bit between my teeth and got carried away momentarily.
                  LJ, thanks for the web address, i,m sure its going to be very useful to me.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Recommendations are good but maybe we should set up a seed club for those amongst us who only grow a handfull of plants each year.
                    Best wishes
                    Andrewo
                    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Andrewo we have the seed swap.
                      [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...