Vine and dandy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vine and dandy!

Anyone had any success growing a grapevine north of the border, or at least in a cooler, coastal area? I purchased one recently and was wondering if I could plant it outdoors. I have a south-facing wall that I would trail it against. My other option is a little sun room - little being the operative word, so outdoors would be preferable. Any pointers?
    Smile! It's the curve that can set a lot of things straight!

http://www.youtube.com/BradThunder

Gary, I wouldn't risk it - we found one in our greenhouse when we took over our current plot, didn't realise it was still alive so stuck it outside where it did nothing until a month ago. I put it back in the greenhouse and it's grown loads and has some grapelings on it now. I've read in other forums about folk trying to grow vines outside in the north of England and only ever ending up with tiny sour grapes that were only good for the birds. I suppose it depends who you want feed, you or the pigeons...

Comment

It can be done Gary. I had a vine in west dumbarton. Roots outside and vine in the greenhouse. It did make pathetic little grapes -- but it was sadly neglected ((both working and other things to do)
      Our friend in Bearsden who had time to look after his vine had big , black, juicy grapes. They were in the greenhouse.
      A fellow Grape - SUEA I think, grew cracking grapes outside in Yorkshire (sorry if I'm wrong about that)
      Try the search button, or maybe SueA will be along.
      Good luck with the project.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X