birds in the greenhouse!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birds in the greenhouse!

I moved my strawbs pots into the greenhouse as couldn't get the netting right to deter the birds. The pots were right against the house by the patio and still the birds came up for them!

Yesterday we had one big almost ripe one... cue much excitement from my 3yr old who doesn't let anyone else get a look-in with HIS strawbs lol and when I shut up the greenhouse for the night it was munched.

Bloody birds have been inside the greenhouse. Left a right old mess of juice around too. I have to leave the door and window open in this weather - is there anything I can do to stop them from going in? I already have a plastic snake in there! I was wondering about one of those dangly thigns peopel used to pout over their doors to stop flies getting in the house, but imagine this would also stop the good insects?

Janeyo - desperate to get a strawb this year!

ps I also have one flower on one rasp cane - we go away on sat - I imagine it will have been bird food by the time we get back

I imagine it will be too hot in the greenhouse for your strawbs. Keep them outside, but put a barrier over the fruit as it ripens (jamjar)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I think your strawbs will do better outside Janeyo but the birds will always be a problem. I net my beds to keep birds, cats etc off. Bit of a nuisance - but better than the pests.
      Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X