No announcement yet.

First Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are marshmallo and they are delish, they are in a raised bed with netting over the lot as my blackbirds love any fruit. I also grew some alpine strawberries from seed in Jan and the plants are looking brill and just starting to flower which I didn't really expect this year. I only sowed half the packet and I have about 40 plants.

Ian

Comment

I also grew some from seed Sarian F1 plenty of fruit this year but not ripe yet waiting to see if they taste as good as Irresistable!
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Couldn't resist a chance to show off - well, I don't get that many
        All we need now is a bit of sun to ripen it off.
        Attached Files
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Sorry scarey55 but didn't want to p*** on your bonfire.Mine are larger than that
          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Bummer

Well I hope you enjoy yours. Are you just planning to eat them or will you make some jam or wine or something.

Comment

I would like to make some jam but only got 15 plants.
              Hope to take some runners and increase this,but at the moment I just wanna eat em!
              Last edited by Cloud; 08-06-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I had my first 3 last night - sweet as anything. Next 2 are ripening as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  Hope to take some runners and increase this,but at the moment I just wanna eat em!
                  Hope you're like me next year, I had so many runners I couldn't give them away quickly enough this year.
                  but then, if you give them away there's not so many for you to eat

Comment

Ate 5 mignonette today. Money can't buy such things... Look forward to comparing notes on Sarian. Mine still very small.
                    TGR

Comment

I sold twelve punnets (12 x 400g = 4.8 kg !!!!!) at the Farmers Market on Saturday - now that's a result - only got 60 plants !! And still they are producing fruit (and runners )
                      Rat

British by birth
                      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

We've been eating then for about three weeks now, despite the lack of sun.

Plenty of the larger cultivated fruits but thousands of the small 'wild' strawberries, we're giving them away by the box because we just can't keep up with them and they seem to be sprouting up all over the garden. We even found some growing on the roadside outside the house yesterday.
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by trebellangeminired View Post
                          Ate 5 mignonette today. Money can't buy such things... Look forward to comparing notes on Sarian. Mine still very small.
                          My sarian are rirenening and should be ready in the next couple of days,be intresting to see what they are like.

Comment

Well had another load of berries took them to work and they lasted about an hour,then came home from work and picked some more.They seem to ripen fasyer than I can pick em.

Comment

Ate the one ripe Sarian, small but delicious : )
                              TGR

Comment

I have never had such a large crop of strawberries. The plants are loaded.
                                Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X