No announcement yet.

Pruning Goji berries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can join the Gojiberry owners club as well Mine had a few hairy rootlets on the bottom but I've potted them up and left them in the cold G/h for now until i can get them up the lottie later on as I'm in the throws of doing other stuff at the moment.

be interesting to see what they grow like
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Well as I said before I put mine in a vase full of water until I decided what to do with them and I was really surprised with one of them. Two were still just twigs so they've gone in black buckets of soil to see what happens.

Number three was sprouting nicely but all the shoots were coming from quite low on the thick dark bit so I've risked planting it fairly shallow for now, pruned off the twigs (I've stuck them in the bucket too - ever the optomist, they may grow as well) and this one's gone in the cold frame.
      Attached Files

Comment

Goji berries

New to all this so hope it works.

I was given 2 goji berry plants in pots early spring 2011 planted them in the ground and boy did they grow, but they are all floppy bought supports but they have proved to be woefully inadequate so how do I deal with them. Do I prune them like raspberries, can I trim out the tops. Do they produce berries on the old wood or the new wood. Can anyone help before they take over.

Comment

I have had a goji berry in a pot for approx 18 months, its thorny, sparse in leaves but this year I have two or three pale purple flowers, but I certainly don't know what to do with it. Do I prune back or do I leave it. I have supports around it to climb up, but think I will need to go searching for info. If I find anything will post is back on here to help anyone else who needs it..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X