No announcement yet.

Strawberry Containers - What to use?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure what those garden tidy things are but for a guide the troughs i use are about 2ft long about 1ft wide and about 1 1/2ft deep in this i get about 5-6 strawberry plants, i find they do very well although books ect suggest bigger spacing i find i get plenty of fruit and as ive said before i let the plants on edge of trough do runners and not the others, when runner got roots and big enough to plant i put a plant pot of compost at side of trough and plant in there, then if im keeping plant up 5 a trough in nov or sell them at car boots or friends ect. im getting some freebies tomorrow so will be planting and some of mine in the troughs are flowering already about 12 flowers on one of the plants.

Comment

I planted out 10 in my old wheelbarrow this afternoon, should look really good in the summer.

Comment

cool what are you doing with the other 20 you decided yet

Comment

Going to use one of those green pop up garden tidy thingies, plant them on top and around the sides, also going to use these for potatoes too.

Got a load of sandy loam being delivered next week to mix through the clay soil in my raised beds, help break it down a little. Hopefully get the spuds in next week.

Like your Bunny!

Comment

Slugs got mine in the ground last year, so dug most of them up and put them in pots in greenhouse. Looked today and I've got 3 strawberries which the slugs definitely won't be getting
            Last edited by gemlady; 22-04-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I was going to grow my in growbags on shelves in a cheap plastic greenhouse/coldframe but then decided the structure wasn't strong enough so I've transferred them to beds.

When I put them in the growbags I had a few too many so I planted them in pots too and kept them in the greenhouse.

See what I found today ....
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X