Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Bliss Going mad !

Hi

I planted 10 Autumn Bliss three years ago and they have never failed to provide me with as bumper crop for hardly any work.:

However they are sending up suckers that reach up to 6 foot from their alloted space - which means I have Raspberries in my asparagus bed and next door has them in his cabbage patch.

I think the only answer is to sink some kind of barrier into the earth to contain the plants. This will involve digging up the plants, is it Ok to do it at this time of year? Do I just plants back the main stems?

Any other ideas.....

Would have thought that it would be OK as AB fruit off new canes so any damage that you do to the existing canes won't affect next year's crop. From my experience they've always been pretty resilient things.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

You could go around the bed and push a spade full depth into the ground severing any sucker that have decided to go walkabout, this can be done any time of year and as many times as you require. I have found that AB tend to do this they are not as well behaved as Joan J

Comment

Just remember that just like bindweed - if you leave any of the undesired sucker roots they WILL grow!
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X