X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I think you forgot one!!!
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    That was almost simultaneous too, Scarlet..
    I can't believe you forgot me
    We are not alone - now we are 3
    Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
    and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Originally posted by FB. View Post
      There are a lot of dead looking branch tips which could do with 'tidying up'.

I would probably cut off the broken bit and cut all the other branches back to a similar length which should get rid of the dead bits and start all branches at the same size after it is planted.
      Thank you, it's definitely looking rather bedraggled!

I would be very disappointed in receiving a tree like that. I would take lots of photos and contact the seller.

How much did they cost?
      I was to be fair, all the others seem fine though its just the peach, thankfully! They were 2 for £45 so not a massive amount but since being on here I've seen less from places more highly recommended, we live & learn eh! Have emailed the seller & attached pictures, so I'll see what they come back with. She's been bandaged up for now, I'll tackle the dead bits tomorrow.

Comment

Well, for that money I would still expect more. Please contact them and complain - it's not acceptable.

Comment

Just to update, the supplier got back to me and gave me pretty much the same advice as FB. As long as it survives I'll be a happy bunny, hopefully I'll be updating this thread in a few years time with a picture of a flourishing peach tree thanks all for the advice!

Comment

I’ve used grafting tape to repair a partially snapped branch and that repaired nicely after a few months (my main repair was on a fig tree)

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh76 View Post
              I’ve used grafting tape to repair a partially snapped branch and that repaired nicely after a few months (my main repair was on a fig tree)
              Several years ago a squirrel was jumping about in one of my apple trees and the branch broke but remained attached on the underside.

I left it to see what would happen.

Over a period of several months the branch completely healed itself in the broken position (90-degree downwards).
              It didn't become infected with fungal disease and has continued to grow just fine for the last several years.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X