Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my Charlotte Russe mulberry plant still just a stick?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?Greenfly??

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      ?Greenfly??
      I think greenfly have to have summat to munch on and a stick aint very appetising to them I would imagine.
      If my Mulberry bud flies away I will be deeply upset.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Ah, but your leaves are up the stick. Mine is a stick with summat greenish appearing at ground level.
        Usually thats bindweed in my garden

Comment

Hardly anyone has had success with Charlotte Russe. The page below says it all:

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/frui...otte-russe.php

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05N2jqFHc8

Comment

Uh, I guess I am the odd one out...my CR is shrubby and covered in fruit. Not sure what I did to achieve this - Wilko pot and compost and I leave it on the patio...it even got frosted and recovered. Who knows...

Comment

Just an update.

My CR eventually finished up with a few leaves on the stick. They have now all fallen off

So it appears the plant is a late starter and an early finisher.

As mine is in a pot I may consign it to the greenhouse for the winter and may even keep it in there in the summer.
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Perhaps you could grow something like a bean alongside it - it would be a useful stick while you waited.............and waited.............and waited for another leaf.

Comment

Stick is still there but I had a few branches from basal shoot. Hopefully I will get some growth from these branches next year and not rely on a basal shoot.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You could acquire another "stick" for £4.99 p&p as its the special offer with GYO magazine this month. The pop-up at the foot of this page takes you to the offer and all you need is the offer code.

Comment

Been underwhelmed by the feedback on the flavour so far....think I'll give it a miss
                        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          You could acquire another "stick" for £4.99 p&p as its the special offer with GYO magazine this month. The pop-up at the foot of this page takes you to the offer and all you need is the offer code.
                          My Mulberry has arrived. I'm happy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_103634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	2385726

Name:	IMG_20191115_103721.jpg
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	2385727

Name:	IMG_20191115_103734.jpg
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	2385728

Comment

Mine arrived today, too. Looks about the same as yours, maybe slightly more twiggy.
                            It's not exactly amazing, but for £5 I certainly can't complain. I plan to plant it in the ground, rather than keeping it in a pot, so hopefully it will do better that way.

Comment

I'm going to keep mine in a pot over winter because its so small I think I'd lose it in the garden!

Comment

Thanks VC I had my eye on this but forgot about it. I've ordered one too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X