No announcement yet.

Grafting update.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, here's the latest on my grafts for this year,Click image for larger version

Name:	greenhouse 2019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	2383289
    Laxtons Superb on a seedling rootstock
    Click image for larger version

Name:	greenhouse 2020.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2383290 Brownlees Russet on m9 is well away and Xmas Pippin on m9 just starting to break. Still awaiting Ashmeads Kernel, Pitmaston Pineapple and Sunset.
    Not sure about knocking the rootstock buds off Norfolk Grey so have compromised by knocking half off

And,for Nickdub a failure, Click image for larger version

Name:	greenhouse 2021.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	2383291 this was a sour cherry a neighbour cut down so i rescued the roots and have tried and failed for three years to bud graft onto suckers from it. This year i decided to try a cleft graft.... and failed

Comment

I told you I jinx mine

I'm currently looking at what I think is fireblight on 2 of them. I've not seen it in person before but it looks like it to me. They'll be heading off in the household waste bin on Wednesday, I don't want it to spread.

Comment

Two of the Aprimira scions (very kindly sent by a member here) that I put on my Nectarine have broken bud and leafing today. Also as a bonus it has quite a few pea sized nectarines as this year I paint brush pollinated the flowers as advised on another thread, so it goes without saying Im a happy gardner, at least for one day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X