Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanted some Cherrola and Paul Robeson tomatoes deeper to stop them going leggy, sowed some onion,leek, hispi seeds.
    went to dig over the raised beds but the wind is almost taking the fork from my hand...they can wait.
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just came back from the allotment after trying to put new 8' X 2' glass panes in my greenhouse in the rain. Couldn't stop them sliding so after fitting one and being soaked to the bone decided to call it a day and return home.
      After the recent winds next doors polytunnel is now on my plot!

On a positive note one of my black Minorca's has come back into lay and a nice white egg awaited my collection today.

Gunna stick t in with some eggs I intend hatching as she is running with a light Sussex cockerel so should make an interesting hybrid!
      Last edited by Snadger; 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Cleared out the workshop/potting shed.

Sowed some leek seeds into modules.

Just been called to kitchen to stir gravy

G
        I fear no beer

Comment

• Late pruning my autumn raspberries and put my back out,that will teach me to do them when it's warmer in the autumn.

Comment

• I got an allotment last Sunday so I have spent 3 hours digging today add the 4 hours last week and I think I have dug about a quarter of the plot. So for the next few weeks I will be mainly digging. Ordered some spuds and starting to think about starting some seeds off in the house.
            My allotment http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...allotment.html

Comment

• Managed to get a few hours in on the allotment. Managed to finish putting up the fence, hung the gate and dug out the area at the back of the plot where the fruit is going to be planted.

Sat back and enjoyed the view of an enclosed allotment with one completed bed, then i realised i had a flat tyre on the car !

Comment

• Cleaned the greenhouse out with ***** Fluid. I smell somewhat strongly now, but I'm largely germ-free.
                Went to check on my recent sowings and my gast was flabbered to find that all of my toms and most of the lettuce are up already! Panic stations! Must clear more windowsills and repair greenhouse door!
                When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

• sowed a few early peas, dwarf runners and 3 types of tomatoes in propagator just to see how they go, went to add then to bedroom window only to find 3/3 chilli cayenne, 3/3 chilli jalapeno and 2/3 chilli habanero have germinated and shot up 2 inches in the last 3 days.

Comment

• Planted some of my onion sets (sturgon sp)?) got my garlic in too, and lifted some nmore patio slabs to extend my veg patch... I planted in pots last year this year i decided the patio is coming up!!

Planning to plant my onion seeds this week too, and leeks

Comment

• At the weekend, we bought some topsoil and manure to top up the brand new raised beds and had fun removing and afterwards, relaying the polythene sheet without doing a 'Mary Poppins'

Also bought some paving slabs to put around the raised beds so the lawn doesn't turn into a quagmire.

Also sowed some leeks and sweet peas

Comment

• Went to the lottie with camera, coffee,rake and secateurs. Took before and after photos then cut back the blackcurrant already there and cut out the bramble growing through it. Cut down the blackberry by the shed, built a bonfire heap, sorted out the non burnables. Chatted to some other plot hoders, all very helpful to a newbie and made PLANS!
                        After a freezing start to the day the frost had gone from the site and the sun was so warm I worked in shirtsleeves.

Comment

• went to allotment fix up a work bench and shelf in me shed. put bird box on shed. made 2 large compost bins with pallets.
                          my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

• Its been cold outside but sunny and warm in my greenhouse so I've sown broad beans in loo rolls then toms, chilli and sweet peppers to go in the heated propagator.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• General tidy up around the tomatoes - pulled out the old sweetcorn plants

Comment

• Ordered a planting but the moon book ..... I will try anything once. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow as I have taken a days leave to go up the allotment tomorrow to dig dig dig
                                My allotment http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...allotment.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X