Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed more cukes, squash,mustards, carrots. Fed and watered the entire patch. Binned a load of old pots that were surplus to requirements and getting in the way (not wasted as the plastic round here is used to fuel a power station). Enjoyed the sight of the climbing french beans popping their heads up from the rich brown earth into the evening sunlight, all was well with the world until the mosquitoes started biting....

Comment

• Today I planted a dozen 'Morris Heading' collards into a suitably prepared patch and netted around them.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Today I am bleedin' exhausted!!!!
        Planted out a few cabbage, cabbage sprouts, tuscan kale.
        Planted out 16 tomatoes, shirley and ferline, and 15 celeriac in between them.
        Emptied the greenhouse, re-jigged it, filled it back up again.
        Turned compost out onto plastic sheet, cut grass and layered it in between the compost,put plastic sheet back on. Forked over/dug 3 beds.
        Planted out 10 celery bought from GC.
        Bought 4 bags of compost, took two to house for potting on tomorrow.
        Moved some stuff from one place in the garden to another, tables/chairs, pots etc, had a small fire to burn useless twigs and dried leaves.
        Tomorrow is potting on and polytunnel day....

Comment

• today planted a row of Kilaton cabbage and pinched the anti Pigeon cages of the spring cabbage to cover them .
          Then prepared the ground for another row tomorow and gave the early spuds a big soaking to help them along...jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

• Have now planted out most of my chillis and peppers. Also another cucumber outside in a pot and the second melon which is going in mini gh. Planted out Sunflower Music Box and 50 stock plug plants. Planted tumbling toms in hanging baskets and planted 3 hanging baskets up with trailing verbena.
            AKA Angie

Comment

• Planted out Sweetcorn and Leeks, mowed the lawn and mulched the potatoes. Planted Runner Beans outside, dug over 2 beds, removed more nettle and bramble, planted out the last batch of brassicas and watered everything in the evening.

Comment

• Planted a border of Marvel of Four Seasons/Red Besson lettuce in kitchen garden bed; planting the rest of tray in front flower border this morning. Sprinkled same seeds in between each planting.

Sowed another tray of C&CA salad leaves.

Planted out Yellow scallop squash, courgette Orelia and green Bush, some brussels sprouts *blegh* that a neighbour gave us (kinda resent the garden room as I loathe 'em, but Mr R likes them, so...)

Watering, watering, watering...very hot already here.

Messed up a sowing of precious Himalayan Blue Poppies - didn't read the instructions properly, so slightly annoyed with self!
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

• Today I found a pair of asparagus beetles and am devastated.

Comment

• lots of weeding between beds and pots.

we dug out weeds under hedge and cleared brambles.

put up beansticks and dug in some home grown compost.

topped up potatoes in bags and pots

watered

cleared even more cat poo from raised beds I put a cloche over salad seeds, but the *******s use it as a covered dirt box

Comment

• Furtled out my first spuds for tonight's dinner. They were from a big shrub tub in the greenhouse. Lady Crystle - really looking forward to eating them. There's a pic on me blog!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Planted part row (12) plants of Cabbage Bloemandaalse Gele a historic German variety never seen them before this year a winter cabbage so will find out after Christmas .
                        And 6 PSB plants to fill the row up .
                        And then came purgatory 20 barrow loads of grass mowing's that arrived last night all tucked away now to make some nice compost i could have done with it being cooler weather....jacob
                        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

• At long last I finished digging over my second raised bed have been pulling out loads of weed seedlings, bits of grass roots and some old tree roots from my crabapple that I had to have choped down last year! Shame I planted it as a sapling about 24 years ago, the poor thing was ill,with I dont know what the trunk was weak and the whole tree verry tatty looking! I added some compost and dug it into the soil of the bed gave it a good watering then planted out my squash plants, 3 courgettes and 2 butternut squashes! I have earthed up all my spuds a bit more and watered everything both in and out of the greenhouse. I also pulled up a few weeds from around my baby pear tree! My Runner beans went out last week in the first bed, just waiting for the french beans to get a little bigger before they join the runners outside. Dont know why but Im having trouble germinating my french beans this yera nothing happened with 1st lot so just waiting for 2nd lot to get big enough to go out!
                          Last edited by Irie Jan; 23-05-2010, 05:12 PM.
                          Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Some Ne Plus Ultra and Purple Podded Pea seeds sown at last!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Furtled out a boiling of new potatoes for dinner, with some home-grown spring cabbage.
                              Did some planting with our In Bloom group this morning. Potted up some (more!) tomatoes.
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• I planted two yellow Tumbling Toms and two red Tumbling Toms, in with some curly parsley and black eyed susans.

Cut one of the toms away from the other as there were two in a pot, then potted the cut one in to its own pot, will see if it survives.

Planted some African Marigolds in a trough.

A ton of watering!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X