Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted 3 Vales Emerald potatoes into one of the raised beds, sowed another row of Spinach and one of carrot/spring onion mix.

That's it really.
    Reet
    x

Comment

• Yesterday was do it all day, so...
      dug over 2 beds lightly, mostly to get rid of lots of cat poo. Put the broad beans in one,made a construction for the peas in a week or so, sowed 2 varieites of beetroot, Chioggia and Burpees Golden, and carrots, Purple Haze,White Satin and Nantes Early in the other, covered the second with a plastic cloche [with help] donated by the neighbours to stop the cats pooing in there.
      Sowed rows of radishes,French Breakfast, between the garlic.
      Impulse bought a plastic greenhouse,mostly for the shelving but also to use next year...
      Re-jigged the greenhouse to put all my seedlings on the shelves.
      Moved a strawberry plant.
      Sowed nasturtims, limathes, red sunflower and yellow sunflower.
      Sowed Sutherland Kale,Tuscan kale, cabbage sprouts.
      Sowed parsley.
      Re-potted lovage and geraniums.
      Realised I have not enough space to grow everything i want to grow,tried to sort out some kind of plan, failed miserably.

Comment

• Went to visit son for his birthday. My baby is 35 - now how did that happen?

On the way home called in at Reighton plant nursery for some dogwoods - one for me and a couple for the village flower beds. Guess what you can use in basketmaking?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Today I recieved 3 grafted cucs in the post so potted them up. Sowed 2 troughs with leaf salad. Sowed 2 rows of radish French Breakfast and then four short rows of beetroot cylindra. Put up canes for climbing French Beans. Planted Bronze Fennel in container and then wild rocket in two small troughs. Pruned roots on Rosemary plant and then re-potted into fresh compost. Planted 3 lots of purple sage I had grown from cuttings. Dead headed the daffs. Dug over bed for Mangetout and put wigwam in place. Potted on some toms and cucs and then watered everything in my 2 mini ghs. Planted out Salvia and Fritillaria.
          AKA Angie

Comment

• Finished weeding the potager and digging the well rotted into the long beds and the big tubs. Managed to get some of the - probably too early - aubergines and peppers into tubs, planted out some beetroots and got some seeds in, also some Flakee carrots from King's.

Lots of clearing up stuff, all those little jobs like pruning the blackberries and gave the vines a light prune, weeded out the boxes they're in and gave the kiwis a light once over.

Also finished the terrace watering system - and managed to pot on a few grasses too!
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• Sowed 35 x 12 cell packs of Cauliflower, 35 x 12 cell packs of Cabbage, 35 x 12 cell packs of Calabrese, 25 x cukes, 54 x Dahlia Flowered Zinnias, 54 x American Branching Asters, 12 x Green Artichokes,
              Pruned 65 x pot grown blackcurrant bushes.
              Sprayed off weeds alongside tunnel and round the outside of the strawberry bed.
              Weeded Broad Beans
              Fed horses.
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• sowed peas,parsnips and broad beans down lottie.started to turn over beds that have been covered in black polythene for last nine months.turning the soil isn't too bad,it is the need to pick out the couch grass that i hate.
                Spiderpig

Comment

• Transferred a shelving unit which was left in the garage into my new conservatory to grow on all my seedlings.
                  Was really pleased that there`s loads of room to grow on my tomatoes which already have flowers on them.
                  Unfortunately had to dig up a rosemary bush which is in the way of the patio.
                  It was too big to transplant but I have tasken some cuttings and have a vase full of flowering rosemary branches.
                  Each time I go past them I get a longing for roast lamb.

Comment

• Struggled with earth worm autecology assignment for half the morning, then gave up and decided to enjoy the sunshine. Potted on 30+ sprouting beans, and planted out a few sweet peas and nasturt.s. Dug new bed - was very hard going due to massive ox-eye daisy clump from he** - and planted 15 crowns of asparagus (£6 at tescos). Carefully wove clematis hurdle-type walls around both asparagus beds so OH knows where NOT to step. And they look pretty.
                    Re-arranged and swept out greenhouse so that it looks tidy for any of tomorrows guests who care to admire. Gave resident spider a fly. Fussed over chilli seedlings.
                    Came inside and fed the OH. Must now face 3,000 words on everything worm.
                    The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Llamas View Post
                      Struggled with earth worm autecology assignment for half the morning, then gave up and decided to enjoy the sunshine. Potted on 30+ sprouting beans, and planted out a few sweet peas and nasturt.s. Dug new bed - was very hard going due to massive ox-eye daisy clump from he** - and planted 15 crowns of asparagus (£6 at tescos). Carefully wove clematis hurdle-type walls around both asparagus beds so OH knows where NOT to step. And they look pretty.
                      Re-arranged and swept out greenhouse so that it looks tidy for any of tomorrows guests who care to admire. Gave resident spider a fly. Fussed over chilli seedlings.
                      Came inside and fed the OH. Must now face 3,000 words on everything worm.

Bought an old Technical book off eBay devoted to earthworms but haven't got round to reading it yet!

The Physiology of Earthworms by M.S.Laverick
                      Last edited by Snadger; 13-04-2010, 09:15 PM.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Knocked in three stout posts and stapled on 4 wires to support my raspberry canes! Sick or getting scratched when walking near to them!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Watered everything in the cloche. Noticed shoots on the potatoes I planted mid march and the man next door told me I was planting them too early...
                          Bex

Comment

• Sowed Lupins, Dwarf French Beans (Safari) and Hazel at the Hills Kelvedon Wonder Peas - thanks Hazel!
                            Jane,
                            keen but (slightly less) clueless
                            http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Fixed puncture on JCB.
                              Pruned a couple of hundred sycamores.
                              Constructed new raised bed and dug it over.
                              Fed horses.
                              Potted on 50 Alicante and 50 Shirley tomatoes
                              Sowed 100 Tumbling Toms (50 x Red, 50 x Yellow) - now in heated propagator.
                              Planted out the last 250 onion sets
                              Last edited by sewer rat; 14-04-2010, 07:25 PM.
                              Rat

British by birth
                              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mowed the lawn, watered all the pots and containers, followed by potting up the Aubergine plant and left the chickens on the patch for a few hours before planting the 2nd batch of potatoes at the weekend.
                                Last edited by frogga; 14-04-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X