Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday we ate the last of our sprouts and curly kale.
    Perpetual spinach looking tempting enough to pick .....
    A few flowers on the peach tree look like they'll be opening by weekend YEY!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I finally got to prune my strawberry beds and moved all of the marshmello to another plot, planting them through membrane.

The raised bed that was freed up has now got two herb wheels in it and is now ready to plant up with the 20 odd pots of herbs we have sown, propogated or bought.

Comment

I actually got round to sorting my seeds out, in date order. which was quite a feat. Cos i'm a bit of a seedaholic, and had more packets than i thought, but i did manage to squeeze them in a large shoe box, minus the lid LoL.
        Also noticed my arun pilot seed spuds have begun to shoot, thats a miracle in itself. Sitting in a very cold dark garage was the last place i'd expect them to start chitting. Oh well, Time to get the egg boxes out. YAY
        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

My seed potatoes from T&M arrived and are now nestling in their egg boxes in the spare room. One of the packs of 5 spuds (I tried a couple of different earlies for growing in pots) only contained 4. I have emailed but not worth the postage to send back. I wonder what they'll do?
          Made biscuits for Choral Society practice tonight. I'll never slim down will I?
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I sowed some chili seeds, I seem to have 9 varieties, a couple were freebies. not sure what on earth I will do with them all as I have loads left from last year, but still fancied trying different types this year. I have only sown half in case they don't do well. also I moved my sweet peas out into my lovely new greenhouse. noticed snowdrops and crocus out in my garden :-)

Comment

Went for a lovely but cold walk today and saw snowdrops also along the side of the road, it brought a smile to my face. At last signs of spring bring it on I say .......

Comment

I mastered the making of newspaper pots!!! I also celebrated the growth of my onions from seed. Some are now 2" high and I am wondering if they might be better in the chilly greenhouse? Found the packet of parsnip seed I lost last year so I am going to try germinating some of those to see if they are good. They are to be sown February and I guess if I try now I have time to buy new seed.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

I sowed 70 Mangetout seeds, after soaking them briefly for half hour.
                  Soaked what looks like hundreds (!) of SugarSnap Pea seeds for to sow tomorrow.

Cleared out, tidied and made the Little Girls Greenhouse look Gorgeous....

Comment

Planted a mini apple tree and sowed some early spring onions (it says feb but there in a pot in my green house so IL see how they go, nothing lost if they don't work

Comment

• This morning I tidy the house did some washing then went out for a walk very nice and chilly but did enjoy getting out This afternoon I joined this web site and got advice on when to start my veg planting off.
                      So today I have sow my Bedfordshire Champion onion seeds in cell trays left them in greenhouse and also planted my Summer Gold – onion sets and shallots in cell trays also left in the greenhouse.
                      Been sorting through my seed packets and planning my veg plot.
                      Can't wait to get started on planting out
                      Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

• Put my new nectarine tree in a large pot and stood it in the greenhouse. finally got round to planting a bulb of garlic that had 1 inch shoots on it so hope that takes. Celebrated the garlic I planted 'to see what it does' sprouting (sprouts are 3" high so I missed them coming through with all the wet weather). Put up a set of shelves in the greenhouse ready for sowing seeds when the time arrives. Wondering how long parsnip seeds usually take to germinate as my test ones don't seem to be doing anything at all. Also potted the rather dead looking orange and lemon I bought from Woolworths at the start of the week.
                        Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 26-01-2008, 05:00 PM.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

• dug over the raised beds. made a cold frame for my partner for her plants. moved over wintering onions into the sun.
                          my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

• Cut my autumn raspberries down to the ground. Weeded at little around them. Pulled up all my canes from beans, sweet peas etc and tidied around. Cleaned and washed the greenhouse and pruned the grapevine in there.

Comment

• Gorgeous day at the Hill today!
                              • Re-dug over one half of the new legumes bed - dug in the green manure not very efficiently about 3 weeks ago, but made a much better job of it this time.
                              • Dug out all the remaining roots in one half of the old roots bed - i.e. beetroot, carrot-fly carrots (straight on the compost ), celery, salsify and a couple of parsnip
                              • as the old roots bed will be potatoes this year, I gave it a right good layer of horse muck & straw
                              • dug the last of the leeks, leaving one magnificent specimen to go to seed to collect for next year.
                              • tackled the vile job of pruning the gooseberries. Swore a lot.

Came home and sowed the crimson flowered broad beans in pots, and have boiled all the beetroot ready for peeling and using to make beetroot chutney tomorrow.

A good day, even though I now feel about ninety, and that's after a hot bath and with a glass of....

Comment

• Chilli planting

Planted a tray of Dorset Naga seeds and put them in the airing cupboard. Just touched one of the seeds on my tongue before planting - ouch
                                Boggle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X