Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the pea stick give it away Piglet?? I can't go anywhere without my pea stick - you never know when it might be called for!!!!

Bloody Butcher and Ferline tomatoes are fabulous.
    [

Comment

• Please Piglet do not ever forget our monarch on your posts about your new vacancey chez Piglet.

ER II

Think about it.
      Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
      Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
      I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

• Today we finished reglazing the greenhouse after the damage in the gales, so once again we now have a fully glazed greenhouse! It was cold, damp and foggy all day, so didnt manage to get much else more done, just hoping that the fog lifts tomorrow and we get the sunshine and nice weather that we were promised for today!

Also took a porper look at our second plot today, now that its almost been cleared, its a half plot, just big enough to have 13 beds of 13 feet by 4 feet, so ideal for brassicas, tatties and a few other bits n bobs! Cant wait to finish digging our first plot so we can get working on the second one!
        Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 03-02-2007, 05:40 PM.
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• did some more seiving of soil then did a little work on the compost heap , came home re-potted 104 onion seedlings into larger pots , painted a bathroom and fitted alot of stair gates.
          ---) CARL (----
          ILFRACOMBE
          NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

• No gardening today but watched England stuff the haggis worriers at rugby after fitting a shower at Trousers and Wellies.

Piglette picked up some cauliflower and red cabbage seed from Chepstow Garden Centre along with a couple of perenials for our cottage garden.
            Last edited by pigletwillie; 03-02-2007, 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• First of all I cheered because the sun was shining fir the first time in 10 days

Then I dug over a small bed and added compost and put hoops for a cloche in place. This will take the seedling winter lettuce and beetroot sown in cells and in the coldframe at the moment. They will be folowed by peppers and chillies. Cooked lunch (French style) and afterwards errected an Arch that has been lying around in the cow shed part finished for age. Worked until dark and then mixed some compost for the pots which will be planted with mint and chives.

All in all a very good day
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Shifted about eight ton of steaming tat!!!

The very considerate tractor driver decided to dump it on the road rather than the area I had cleared for it!

Still, I've now had a soak in the bath and can look forward to tomorrows digging! I hope the vegetables appreciate the graft thats went into pandering to there needs!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Finished erecting fence at our new allotment. Dug some of the beds over and covered one of the previously dug beds with polythene. Covered the remaining beds (that are full of weeds) with carpet until I get round to finishing them. The allotment is finally beginning to look is its loved

Comment

• I spent a lovely 1 1/2 hours on the plot - it was warm, sunny, someone had lit a bonfire to burn weeds (and I adore the smell of a fire - takes me back to extremely fond memories of my grandad's garden in the school summer holidays) - it felt like mid-spring. Made me want to plant stuff tho!

I cleared out my greenhouse - got rid of all the broken glass and rubbish which had accumulated when it wasn't occupied and took it all to the tip. So now it's safe for the little'un - I'm going to 'clad' the greenhouse frame in netting and grow stuff (sweet peas, cucumbers etc) up the outside. Might as well make use of it until I have the cash to buy some polycarbonate!
                    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

http://viks-garden.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Today I finally got to play with my new wheelbarrow (xmas prezzie) and cleared a lot of old compost/weeds from pots I hadnt got round to. It only took just over an hour instead of 3-4 hours humping the stuff about by hand.

Going to sow some suttons dwarf broad beans tomorrow and put them into my mini greenhouse.

My raised beds should be here next week so I can finally get my plan of action together.

My charlotte and pentland javenlin potatoes are chitting nicely and I have another bag (arran pilot) to add to them ( I went a bit mad in B&Q and I have no idea where I am going to plant them as I also have a bag of maris piper and pink fir apple to plant)
                      Last edited by Kimbo; 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Took my OH to lottie today and burt all the brambles etc from October, lots of boyish fun had!
                        http://www.myspace.com/bayviewplot

Comment

• Got out in the sunshine and dug with my sleeves rolled up. Great joy.
                          Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

• It has been such a lovely day I am almost disapointed not to be on the plot. BVP, there is something immensely satisfying about having a bonfire isnt there.

Comment

• Mowed and strimmed the site track.
                              Dug about thirty square yards.
                              Walked the dog.
                              Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                              Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                              I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

• I tried to fing a non-existant leak in my guttering, drove to Fords to get a new thermostat for my car - it was closed, tried and failed to find my secateurs for cleaning and sharpening, stared at my newly planted garlic gloves scattered on my path by the friendly squirrels, burnt the roof of my mouth on a pizza - i hope tomorrow is a little more productive.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X