X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zazen999
    replied
    My one seedlings has signs of more leaves coming, which inspired me to check on the other 49 seeds and to my delight - loads have sprouted. So, I pricked off/tore off about 15ish...and popped them into modules [3 or 4 to each module] and we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Duronal
    replied
    following flum's lead i've popped my march batch into my popup seed tray and left them somewhere cool. Hopefully they'll compliment the 12 seedlings from my earlier sowing and that'll be me potatoed out for the year. has anyone has they're seedlings split/branch at the top yet?

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    Well I've now sown a half seed tray with a scattering on the surface and lightly covered with compost. They are on the dining room windowstill with a big poly bag over. We shall see. I still have 3 more packs and I didn't even use all of those. This will be interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Note to self - must sow a few!
    Ditto..........

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    Note to self - must sow a few!

Leave a comment:

• FROSTYFRECKLE
    replied
    Today I put in approx 30 blue salad potato seeds in modules, then into an unheated propagator. Seeds originally from Quark1. Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    I've check several times on my 50 seeds, and nada. Until this morning, when one has germinated. I'll pop that one into a little pot and see if any others are to follow.

Leave a comment:

• BrideXIII
    replied
    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Even better...wrap in newspaper on a strip of card and wind round with cling film seems to be a good way of keeping them protected. I received a few things last year like this and they all survived.
    cool, i'll see how many i have by the end of march, hopefully they still wont be TOO big by then and i can offer some around.

I dont have room to do them in the ground, so all my spuds will be bucket jobs, and there is only so much room for buckets as well
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 21-02-2009, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
    may have to figure out a way to pack em up and post em to spread the luuurve round the vine.
    Even better...wrap in newspaper on a strip of card and wind round with cling film seems to be a good way of keeping them protected. I received a few things last year like this and they all survived.

Leave a comment:

• MaureenHall
    replied
    Now that's a good idea Will be starting of some more soon

Leave a comment:

• BrideXIII
    replied
    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Put them into modules and sell the excess on ebay.
    may have to figure out a way to pack em up and post em to spread the luuurve round the vine.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
    i have 16 lil seedlings so far, what the devil am i going to do with that many plants?
    Put them into modules and sell the excess on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• BrideXIII
    replied
    i have 16 lil seedlings so far, what the devil am i going to do with that many plants?

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    I've stuck this thread so that we can all find it easily.

I picked up a few potato fruits from the corner of the shed this week, so going to break them down, stick onto kitchen roll and try germinating in a plastic bag and then pot on one I have greenery.

ETA:

2 fruits chosen and split. 25 seeds from each put onto kitchen roll, moistened and put into sealed plastic bag.
    Last edited by zazen999; 21-02-2009, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BrideXIII
    replied
    Originally posted by quark1 View Post
    A few of the Salad Blues I started on 7th Feb have popped through - left on small pieces of kitchen paper - indoors in heated living area. Did inadvertantly swamp them a bit too much with water - but they've survived.

Nothing yet doing with the Roosters started at the same time.

Just a germination test really - but its good to know that the SBs I sent out seem to be viable if not prolific! Everyone who had fruits from me had a single off 2 separate plants to hedge the bets. A couple of others who may have received later seeds would have received on kitchen paper - just cut up into pieces containg 3-5 seeds.

Will start the intended/larger - set in next 2 weeks - this will be for eating (hopefully!).

Did save a few tubers from SBs, Sarpo Uno and Vivaldi.
    the few you sent me are UP!!! they were kitchen paper ones.

planted on the 9th.
    i am dead chuffed all i need to do now is figure out what to do next with them

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X