Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our site is pretty easygoing I'm glad to say. The only 2 rules I would like to see would be:

1. Children should be supervised at all times and kept on their own plots.

2. Thieves and vandals should be used as fertiliser (after hanging, drawing and quartering)

Comment

Our site is owned by a charity and running allotments is not thier primary task. However they seem to be well run in general.
      Sheds no bigger than 6' x 4' on the provided concrete base, of wood construction with felt roofing and all traditional colours (brown/black).
      No greenhouses or other constructions.
      No fences or hedges.
      Plots must be kept tidy and used for gardening purposes.
      No commercial growing.
      No bonfires Sunday or Tuesday, (housing on one side).

We were recently allowed to put water butts on the site, I have permission to place a wooden fence like construction next to the L shaped fruit trees trained on wires. The idea is to use it as a heat sink and partial cover in witer to avoid peach leaf curl etc. It must be 1' above the ground and less than 6' total height.

The deposits for new plot holders are now £150 so you need to be serious about growing.

Comment

The no fruit bushes or rhubard one is usually because they want to eliminate any compensation should they throw you off your allotment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X