X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment/growing space wanted south Dorset

Hi all, newbie here!

I'm really hoping to find an allotment or some growing space, I don't have my own garden but would really like to get growing.

I'm trying to get hold of the local allotment association but it is like trying to infiltrate a secret society! I haven't managed to obtain any contact details, so if anyone happens to know who is in charge of the Wool allotments please let me know. I've contacted the parish council but the contact they gave me doesn't respond to emails and doesn't answer their phone. An allotment member also told me they are no longer the organiser, but wasn't sure who was!

Alternatively, if anyone knows or has some land or a large garden that I could make use of, or can't manage by themselves, I'd love to at least help out. I'm looking to grow a mix of veg and cut flowers. Preferably in the Wool/Wareham area in south Dorset

Lovely part of the world! If you know where the allotments are, I would turn up and ask anyone who's there. Saturday mornings are often quite busy on our site. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Jen and welcome
      Does this help ?
      Wareham
      Wool Allotment Association, off Lulworth Road, Wool, Wareham, Dorset. Number of plots 32, parish council rent land from tennant farmer. There is a waiting list which currently has 9 people on it. Contact Mrs. Janice Hutchins (secretary) 46 Lower Hillside Road, Wool, Wareham, BH20 6EA. E-mail: colinjan.hutchins@btinternet.com

South West Counties Allotments Association - Dorset

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Hi Jen and welcome
        Does this help ?
        Wareham
        Wool Allotment Association, off Lulworth Road, Wool, Wareham, Dorset. Number of plots 32, parish council rent land from tennant farmer. There is a waiting list which currently has 9 people on it. Contact Mrs. Janice Hutchins (secretary) 46 Lower Hillside Road, Wool, Wareham, BH20 6EA. E-mail: colinjan.hutchins@btinternet.com

South West Counties Allotments Association - Dorset
        Thanks, but unfortunately those contact details are out of date! Hopefully I've got the correct ones now, am awaiting a response to see if there is still a long waiting list

Comment

Don't wait too long, you might have to go find the person in person. Our sites are generally run by the older people, who have the time for it, being retired. Trouble is, they don't use computers, email or text, and most don't even have mobiles. So a handwritten note through a door is the quickest way to a reply, I've found.

Maybe that's just Norfolk though
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X