Evington Hilltop waiting list

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evington Hilltop waiting list

Last year our 150 odd plot site had 33 empty plots. By having working parties over the winter we have cleared and let all but 10 of those empty plots and now have a (albeit small) waiting list.

For the first time in quite a few years all of our lettable plots are actually let. Long may it continue.

How do you have a waiting list if you still have spare plots? Won't people take on plots that need clearing?
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

We dont let out jungle plots as invariably it puts most people off. We have working parties on Wednesday afternoons who clear the brambles and rubbish, the plot is then offered and is ploughed and rotovated if required gratis.

Comment

Well done piglet, we've got 2 out of 65 spare and they are "set-aside" at the Moment we just strim the grass & spray the docks to get shot of them and then we'll get them ploughed for any one that wants one.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Your plot holders are lucky. My plot was at least a plot when I got it except it was 6ft high in brabmles. I was shown it and releaved of £40 and had to get on with it....and i flet lucky another bloke got one by the wall they banged a stake in the ground walked up the 10 rod and banged in another stake in and said from the stakes to the wall in your plot. It took him about a month to cut his way back to the wall.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I've been on the waiting list for a lottie at Fulmer for two years now - at least I'm top of the list apparently now ... maybe next spring ....
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi Pigletwillie,

I live down the road from the Evington allotments. This is my first year at trying to grow anything in my garden, and of course, the weather hasn't helped. But my husband and I are flirting with the idea of getting an allotment next year. What's the best way to go about getting on the waiting list? Is it ok if I PM you some questions about it?

Many thanks!

Comment

Careful, mapcr77, you'll end up with 3 like Pigletwillie.....
                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 26-07-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  Careful, mapcr77, you'll end up with 3 like Pigletwillie.....

Well, we're vegetarian, with three plots that would be enough to feed us all year and entertain every weekend without spending a penny! Or maybe I could grow palms and bamboo and make my own garden furniture?

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                    Last year our 150 odd plot site had 33 empty plots. By having working parties over the winter we have cleared and let all but 10 of those empty plots and now have a (albeit small) waiting list.

For the first time in quite a few years all of our lettable plots are actually let. Long may it continue.
                    Hi, I'm new to the forum so please be gentle!

As a beginner where allotments are concerned - I'm trying to get myself on to the waiting list for the Evington Hilltop Allotments. Unfortunately, I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting hold of the correct City Council contact at the tel. no. provided on the gate of the site.

Are you able to provide contact details of anyone from the Evington Hilltop AS specifically or does it all have to go through the City Council?

Thanks in advance,
                    Jobi1
                    Regards,

Jobi1

Comment

Hi,

we are a self managed allotment society and as such the council have nothing to do with lettings etc.

If you go to the Wakerley Road entrance between 10-12am on a Sunday morning, the site office is manned by someboby, who can give you all of the info you need and put you on the waiting list.

If you have any trouble please feel free to email or pm me.

Comment

Thanks for that - will indeed visit the site office on Sunday.

BTW - your blog is an inspiration - thanks!
                        Regards,

Jobi1

Comment

Thank you very much, If you want a proper look around, just let me know, I am away though from Saturday for a well earned holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                            Thank you very much, If you want a proper look around, just let me know, I am away though from Saturday for a well earned holiday.
                            Again !!
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

Indeed Nick, thrice a year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X