any allotments in stevenage?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any allotments in stevenage?

hi, we live in a flat and so have no garden to grow our veg but want to teach our son where his dinner comes from. we are on the waiting list for an allotment but its a very long list and was wondering if anyone knows where we can get an allotment or some land that we can grow on. we dont mind sharing with other people. PLEASE HELP

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you have a balcony you can do some salads in a pot. Some veg have varieties suitable for containers.

Stevenage has 15 allotment sites - I don't know which ones are nearest to you or have vacant plots....
    The council website for allotments is here:
    Allotments: Stevenage Borough Council

I don't have an allotment, but I think if you contact the Stevenage Gardens & Allotmenst Society they may be able to help....
    SGAAsite

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

Comment

hello, we dont have a balcony. we already on allotment list but is meant to be few years long. we will keep looking and hopefully find something. thanks for your help.

Comment

Ah shame about no balcony....

You can grow cut and come again salads indoors, same with chillies and peppers.

Any joy with the Stevenage Gardens & Allotments people?
        Found this info on their site.....
        • There are 15 sites scattered around the town.
        • Find out your nearest site with vacancies.
        • Contact the Council on 01438 242323.

Good luck - hope you get something soon

Comment

Hi
          If you go to the Channel 4 Landshare site and search for Stevenage, it will come up with various people who want land, but there is also a hidden link and if you click on that it comes up with someone in Old Town who is willing to share a bit of their garden for growing veg. Hope that helps.

Comment

if you havent already tried this tack.....ring the council up, check where you are on the list, then say you are happy to take on a plot others are turning down, and clear it ready to plant, in return for free rent for 6-12mths(subject to when your rents are due up there).
            one of my neighbouring plot holders here in Enfield is doing just that....he has taken on a dumping ground of a plot, and has worked really hard at clearing it bit by bit...he has some vege in the cleared spaces and just keeps working away on clearing the ground. he isnt due to pay any rent til Jan when we all pay our rents here.
            Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X