Is anything happening?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anything happening?

I am lucky enough to already have an allotment and have done for the last 4 years. As most people know, now is the time when most plants, seeds etc need putting in the ground unless you are after a skeleton crop of whatever you grow. Not to mention the fact that the ground needs digging and manuring first.
    From what I have heard and seen from other website's and people I know, Landshare doesn't seem to be doing anything. By the time they get it organised and match growers up to sharers then the season will be over. It seems to be a tad disorganised and surely they can't sit down and match all of the registered people up unless they have a few hundred matchers working at it.
    I don't know if anyone else will find it as useful as me but I have found another website Spareground - make the most of your space. It does exactly the same as Landshare but more because it's not just limited to the use of growing veg and you can arrange where you want to grow for yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it. I'm hoping that i'll get a reply from someone from my wanted ad for space for chickens soon!

Yes, something is happening with Landshare - we have someone posted on the Allotment Advice board that they have just been contacted about land near them.

I don't think they have people sitting with maps and pins trying to match people up, it seems to be done by a computer mapping system

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X