Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my lottie

Hi everyone

Today I have picked up the keys to my lottie. Its a quarter plot at the moment but for now that will do, I will be taking over the remaining quarter later in the year. Im really lucky as the guy Im sharing with has done a lot of the work and its just needs a quick dig over.

P.

Congratulations P! Bet you can't wait to start planting! Have a great first season.
    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Well done Saw Paw! It's a good time to be getting an allotment as you can more or less start planting immediately!
      Last edited by Snadger; 15-03-2009, 08:45 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yey! congrats! hope not too long for me either. keep us posted!!! ZFx

Comment

well done wish we had our allotment keys HUGE waiting lists here......its not fair

Comment

Congratulations SawPaw. Bet you can't wait to get planting.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks for the encouragement, hope all of you who are waiting get yours soon.

Well I've been and measured today and as I said its only a quarter plot but I think it's more than enough room for me. It measures 28.5 ft x 18.3 ft and I also have two 8 ft x 4 ft beds at home. I was thinking of splitting it into 8ft x 7ft beds with small paths between.
              If anyone has any advice on how I may better design my plot then any assistance would be most gratefully received.

P.
              Last edited by SawPaw; 15-03-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I would make the beds narrower, so you can work them from all sides without treading on the soil - it saves an awful lot of digging in the long term, and you don't really lose any growing space because you can plant more closely. I have a plot about 28ft x 28ft, and it's divided into 8 narrow beds (approx 12ft x 4ft) plus strips either end for compost bins and perennials (asparagus, rhubarb, etc).

Comment

Thanks for that Eyren, will have to have a rethink.
                  At the moment Im like a little kid who has just had the best present ever.

P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X