Spareground website - a new source for finding land

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spareground website - a new source for finding land

There is a website which many of you will find of interest in your search for allotment space. The site is
    Spareground - make the most of your space

Spareground - make the most of your space is a new site, still in its infancy which is providing an innovative solution to the lack of available and cost efficient space. It works by allowing individual people or businesses to create listings to advertise their free or unused space.

In addition to advertising garden space or unused land, users can also list other types of space including car parking spaces, driveways, garages, storage space (sheds or barns for example) car sharing spaces, accommodation or even a person’s own property itself should they happen to live near an area where there is a shortfall of accommodation. This can even be listed for very short term use for example if you lived near an event such as a music festival or a sports tournament, you could list and state it is for that period only.

The site also allows users to create listings to request any space or property they are looking for.

The good thing is it’s free to use.

There are no costs to list, or to look at the listings.

The philosophy of the site is to use the space we already have in an ethical and economically viable manner.
    Have a look!
    Last edited by Jonesy68; 23-02-2009, 10:27 PM.

Hi Jonesey this looks like it could be good!! Let's hope lots of businesses and people advertise.
    AKA Angie

Comment

Sounds a great idea. Good to see people offering gardens and bits of land for growing. Not so sure on the rents asked.
      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Originally posted by poly View Post
        Sounds a great idea. Good to see people offering gardens and bits of land for growing. Not so sure on the rents asked.
        I agree, I think some have priced themselves out a tad!
        Even so, I am pleased to hear positive responses here on this forum, its very difficult to get something of this sort off the ground, especially as I dont have any celebrity backing such as Landshare. Even so, I hope people will see the advantages and support it by registering to the site and passing the word around. It's taken a lot of hard work and hopefully it will develop into the "community feel" website I hope to achieve.
        Thanks for your support.

Comment

This is fab.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

I registered with the Hugh FW landshare scheme last year and have heard nothing since. When you go to the website all you see is "The initiative is due to be launched in early 2009." I call March almost mid 2009 not early. It will be too late to get things polanted if nothing happens soon.
            Anyone any news of the HFW thing?
            Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger-07 View Post
              I registered with the Hugh FW landshare scheme last year and have heard nothing since. When you go to the website all you see is "The initiative is due to be launched in early 2009." I call March almost mid 2009 not early. It will be too late to get things polanted if nothing happens soon.
              Anyone any news of the HFW thing?
              Hello Digger-07. I resigstered Spareground at Landshare as a group who supports/offers a similar thing and have not heard anything at all as yet.
              I understand where you are coming from regarding the timing issue. It may be a case of 2009 planting will not happen for some people.
              I have mentioned about this in the Spareground blog which you can access via the website.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X