insurance required????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance required????

i am a landscape gardener and would love to have a veg plot and one of my clients has kindly offered a piece of her garden to work on but her neighbour says that i would not be able to do this because of insurance.could anyone help on this matter please

Originally posted by sip64 View Post
    i am a landscape gardener and would love to have a veg plot and one of my clients has kindly offered a piece of her garden to work on but her neighbour says that i would not be able to do this because of insurance.could anyone help on this matter please
    I cannot see why insurance would be a problem if your client owns the land she has offered. However, you could always draft an agreement between you and the client, stating that no claim can be made against the other and also dictating the terms and length of agreement. It may also help to have a measurement and sketch plan of the location within the garden she is prepared to let you use in this way.

If no rent is payable, there shouldn't be a problem.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have just payed our annual Public Liability insurance for our allotment site through NSALG's insurance scheme. £50 per year plus £7 costs. You do have to be NSALG members tho which is another £2 each per member!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

thanks for the reply guys

Comment

why on earth would you need insurance to grow veggies in a back garden?? ...... is confused

Comment

atomic cabbages?

probrably public liability though...... think i prefer the idea of the cabbages.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!
            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              why on earth would you need insurance to grow veggies in a back garden?? ...... is confused
              In our litigatious society the owner could be deemed responsible for the rentee's actions............sets a garden bonfire and inadvertantly burns the house down? Who pays?.......Digs a big hole and the local drunk wanders in for a pee and falls down hole and kills himself? Who pays?
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                .......Digs a big hole and the local drunk wanders in for a pee and falls down hole and kills himself? Who pays?
                If you buried him quick....who's to know??!!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                  PMSL classic!

and think of the added nutritional value?
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                    Funnily enough that was my inner thought as I was setting down scenario's!

Trouble is Fred West already stole that idea and look where it got him!
                    Last edited by Snadger; 16-12-2008, 08:31 AM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                      PMSL classic!

and think of the added nutritional value?
                      be a brilliant bed for the runner beans lol
                      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I.ve got public liability insurance (required by our Council who run the allotment site) on my home contents policy at no extra cost. Our Allotment association didn't want to know so a few of us have it on home policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
                          I.ve got public liability insurance (required by our Council who run the allotment site) on my home contents policy at no extra cost. Our Allotment association didn't want to know so a few of us have it on home policy.
                          now thats very interesting and I was not aware we could do that, will have to make enquiries with my own insurance company.
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X