Details of the Landshare scheme and website address

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details of the Landshare scheme and website address

Not sure if this is really the place to post this or not but if any of you watched the River Cottage Autumn series last night here are the details of the land share thing they are starting. If you didn't watch it take a look and see what you think.

What is Landshare?

With allotment waiting lists massively over-subscribed and people right across the country keener than ever to grow their own fruit and veg, the aim for Landshare is to become a UK wide initiative to make British land more productive and fresh local produce more accessible to all. But all of this depends on people like you registering their interest now.

Sign up to help us build the momentum we need to launch this exciting project in early 2009. In the meantime, via monthly updates, you'll get the chance to help shape the initiative and make sure you’re amongst the first to have the opportunity to be involved.

If your interested in the scheme and want to join up, click on the link below.

RiverCottage.net

or

Landshare - What is Landshare
    Best love

Steelsy
    xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

cheers, meant to look at that last night.

Comment

This strikes me as a really great idea - does anyone know of other such projects around the country? Have any grapes signed up for the River Cottage scheme?

I've joined as a landowner (or should it be land-donor?), but I guess it'll take a while to get a response...
      Resistance is fertile

Comment

River Cottage :: View topic - land share - missing the point - a return to serfdomRiver Cottage :: View topic - land share - missing the point - a return to serfdom

I think its a great idea - some people are debating it a bit on the link above.

I'm on that forum quite a lot so will let you know if I hear anything about how its going.
        Best love

Steelsy
        xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

I've signed up as a grower. I'm desperate for an allotment.

Comment

ive signed up as a grower too, no reply as yet tho, but i imagine it will take a while to get on its feet.

Anyone had a response yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post

I've signed up as a grower. I'm desperate for an allotment.
              I've also signed up as a grower.

To be quite honest, I expect that 95% of people signing up will be looking for land, rather than offering it. 'Steelsy' referenced another thread (here), where the following point was made:

"Where I live small parcels of land are sold of for £25 to £30k for three acres a totally distorted price made possible by lax planning enforcement, speculation and greed."

Sadly, if you have land to spare and can sell it for £25 - £30k for three acres (even 1/10 of that), there is little incentive to offer it free to local growers!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrmidon View Post
                Sadly, if you have land to spare and can sell it for £25 - £30k for three acres (even 1/10 of that), there is little incentive to offer it free to local growers!
                I think the best bet is for little old ladies (and men) who can't work their gardens any more, to offer it up to veggie growing. The old ladies potentially get some company, friendship and free veg out of the deal; maybe a nice young man.

Old ladies like this ...YouTube - Harry Enfield, British Gas YOUNG MAN
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 15-11-2008, 03:44 PM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

I think the best bet is for little old ladies (and men) who can't work their gardens any more, to offer it up to veggie growing.

... Old ladies like this: YouTube - Harry Enfield, British Gas YOUNG MAN
                  I'm there!

Comment

I've signed up as a grower, it's great to see more people bothering to grow their own veg.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X