Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for Plot on Mill Road, Twickenham

Hi

This is literally a 30 second walk away for me and each day I walk past with my children on the way to school and see the site very under used. It is frustrating, I've been onto the council lady and say we will take over an overgrown plot and said we've seen many gone to ground but we just get a you are still 9th on the list email back.

I did read on an allottment site, most probably via this site that says if there is wild life or bird life living in the undergrowth of some plots that they cannot allow you to clear it. I agree with that in principle, surely they can find a way of moving / rehousing certain types of animals, but I just feel it would be useful if the council explained why so many of the plots (which are clearly in high demand) are being under used.

What do you think, would love to know your thoughts or from someone who has a plot here who could help or knows someone who wants to share.

Thanks and sorry for ranting.
    I'm new to veggies, but trying !

Cant help Im afraid but have you gone into the site and asked people that are there or found out who the site manager is ? My advice would to be keep pestering the council to find out if you have moved. I did that and I moved quite quicly up the list, started at 33 went to 26 next time I was 15th before I knew it I was number 5 and within about a couple of weeks after I had a call to say one was available. Took just over a year.
    Good luck
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Sadly it is a small locked site and you never see anyone there to talk to, there is another site 5 mins walk away, much bigger so I may pop in there and see if there is anyone to talk to.

There is just so much you can see that is overgrown we cannot understand why it is underused when there are waiting lists in most towns for allottments.

Thanks though.
      I'm new to veggies, but trying !

Comment

Did you ever get a plot here Dipzy?

I've just taken one

Comment

Not sure you'll find out as Dipzy last posted 3 1/2 years ago. Could find out by asking other plotholders "Are you Dipzy?", but I'm not sure how well that would go down. Enjoy your new plot anyway!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X