Lottie wannabe!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottie wannabe!

Thought I'd share my story, as posters will know, there is a shortage of allotments in the Dublin area, and a distinct shortage of will on local authority's part to assist. I have been on a waiting list for a while with not a lot of movement upwards for the past couple of years. Last weekend I thought I'd take a look at the one local to my area, and found to my dismay that there were at least a good 10% of the plots not being used at a very quick glance, in talking to some of the folks working their plots it appeared that in fact this is a good year, and that only 10% is not bad! I was really angry and had a bit of a rant at the local authority when I called in to see them, (albeit a well mannered and polite one!) they agreed that this is not ideal, and would have their inspector investigate, and repeat offenders would be written to, I wasnt going to hold my breath!

But....

I got an e-mail from said authority the other day, funny, after moving 1 place a year for the past 3, I've now moved up 60 odd places on the waiting list!

Any year now!

Lottiewannabe no 203

Good luck hope you get a plot soon.
    I've just got very lucky here in Liverpool.
    Best I could get was 5th on a waiting list.
    Then someone from this site told me there where a few empty plots on the site he is at all be it very over grown.
    Took one on last Sunday, hard work but I am loving it

Comment

I wasnt going to mention it, in case there are any snoops, but i did exactly the same thing, have the use of a site now that a guy cant use for a while because he was in a car accident, it will keep his site alive and keep me going until I finally hit the jackpot. I am going to start clearing it this weekend.

Good luck with yours, and as we are both starting the same time, lets keep each other updated with progress. BTW, i go to Liverpool every August for the Beatles Festival, do you ever go to it?

Comment

im on a waiting list about number 14 i think our council provides nearly 40 allotments and only 2 got given up this year and nearly all look well kept, so short of a few elderly passing on or the council buying another field ( dougt the latter will happen ) im in for a long wait. you bet il use every inch when i finally get my hands on it!

Comment

Good luck with the plot you are working.
          I will send you a pm with the url for another site that I go on where I have posted pictures of the plot I am working.
          The pictures are what it looked like before I started work on it.
          Oh and no I do not go to the Beatles festival.

Comment

ps im not praying for the elderly to pass on, its just they are the majority of the allotment holders and they do love there lotties, they few them as part of the family and wont part till forced and i cant blame them, il will be the same.

Comment

Today I started digging, I think I achieved roughly a pocket hankie sized patch.....there is a 10th of an acre all full of weeds and grass (now dead, thank you Roundup!) , it's gonna take a while!! thanks for the link good7saint.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X