Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a plot in the stockport area?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a plot in the stockport area?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any plots that might be available in the Stockport area? Ideally in reddish? I have my name down on a few waiting lists but they seam a little long. I have also been fobbed off once because i was told i am too young (28) and would never put the time in

The closest one to me are actually in "Manchester" but i am unfortunately not permitted to access these because of my postcode. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
    "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle (B.C. 384–322)

Peebels

Don't know if you have looked on here but this gives contact details, application form etc and where the allotments are.

Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council |Allotments

Good luck

NN
    If there is no football and gardening in heaven - I'm not going.

Comment

Thanks for your pointer NN, but have already tried the council and they don’t seam very eager to reply to my phone calls, emails or applications. As it’s not possible to phone the relevant department direct I have to go through a central switch board who take my details for a ring back, however, no ring back. I spent Friday morning visiting all the sites I would be interested in and made some notes etc. One of the gents I talked to told me that the two people from the council who managed the allotment sites, left on Friday and no one else had been appointed yet? I have now got my self on the waiting lists of all the society run allotments within my desired area. Most told me it was unlikely to be this year however. There is one particular site close by (and on my way home from work) who where very positive and informed me that I was 6th on their waiting list. Is 6 good? He also went on to tell me that they are reviewing their membership this week and plots may become available.

What really grated on me as I travelled round was the amount of sites that had very overgrown and under used plots on them. Especially since I have been previously told I can’t go on the waiting list at one site because i was too young to be able to keep it in order.

Who knows, maybe someone from the council will get in touch with me this week?!?
      "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle (B.C. 384–322)

Comment

Well, it looks like i have a plot

Visited a site today and left my number, the guy called me back this evening and said that he had a full one and two halves going. Im going to pop down friday and take my pick!

Yay!

A big thanks goes to Nick Nack for pointing me in the right direction

err now where do i start??

Comment

If you want to look at some pictures of my new lottie take alook at my blog

Peebs

Comment

errrrrrrr they cant actually tell you you're too young ....... that's discrimination, and against the law ...... and coming from the council they could find themselves in the poo if you were to complain,

Lynda xx
            Last edited by lynda66; 23-06-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

It was not the council, it was actually a committee member who said it. If that’s the kind of attitude they have then I would rather not be on their site.

eitherway, i happy now where i am

Comment

They are the sort of eejuts that give allotments a bad name Peebels Glad your sorted now.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X