where to start in getting an allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to start in getting an allotment

hello im trying to locate an allotment in the west sussex area and nead a hand in where to start this quest thank you

Whereabouts in particular?
    I used to have an allotment in Worthing (there are 8 sites in that town alone).
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Have you phoned your council and asked to speak to the allotments officer? Our local council has a website and you can apply for one online, though I did follow up my web application with a phone call too

Comment

finding an allotment

thank you for your helpfull replies i have applied to the local council and as of course there is a long waiting list for any site (and in a way that is a good thing providing that they are being well used)i have now contacted the local allotment association to ask if there is any one who wants to share or part share an area on there site

Comment

Originally posted by dollybird View Post
          thank you for your helpfull replies i have applied to the local council and as of course there is a long waiting list for any site (and in a way that is a good thing providing that they are being well used)i have now contacted the local allotment association to ask if there is any one who wants to share or part share an area on there site
          Do most areas have an allotment association thats separate from an allotment officer? I didn't realise this. Any ideas on how I'd go about finding if theres a local association near me? I'd kind of lost hope that I might get lucky in time to grow things for this year

Comment

Originally posted by Novice Gardener View Post
            Do most areas have an allotment association thats separate from an allotment officer? I didn't realise this. Any ideas on how I'd go about finding if there's a local association near me? I'd kind of lost hope that I might get lucky in time to grow things for this year
            Have you tried asking fellow allotment holders? or try using Google.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X