Waiting Lists

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting Lists

Today I handed in my application form and deposit for an allotment.

I also found the minutes of the Council meeting from Feb08 where the waiting list was 23 people and possible vacant plots were 32. Now I realise this was two months ago, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I'm not expecting a long wait. Those numbers are in my favour. Hurrah!!!

The plots here average 15 yards by 10 yards, which seems massive. This is actually larger than my flat!!!

Just wondering how long other people waited/have been waiting for their plots and how big your plots are?
    BW
    James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Evening,
    We had a 16 month wait to get our plot. Mind you, we applied for one in our own village and it's approx 500yds from the house.
    We seem to have non-standard sized plots actually. We're about 42x5yds (210 square yard) and thats a half plot on our (non-council) site. Now that is massive when you're digging it all over!
    Hope u get sorted soon.
    "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" - Dorothy Parker

Comment

Sounding good!!

I finally got a response from my council yesterday - I know on a Saturday, must be flexi time . They were letting me know that there is a waiting list of 100 here in BSE!! Not so good. However, things look better for you.
      The plots here are shrinking. In a hope to meet demand, when a plot becomes available they half it making two plots. Ah well.

Good luck!

nat
      There's just no telling who's growing Tomatoes these days!

Comment

That sounds really hopeful James, fingers crossed!

I didn't wait long for mine but that's because I'm daft and took on one that was completely overgrown, rather than patiently waiting for a nice shiny one It's a whopper though - 90 yards by 7 yards.

Have you got plenty of seeds? I have quite a lot of spares. Drop me a PM if I can help you out
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Hi James,

I had my name down for a plot on a site a 3 min bike ride from my house. I was told that I was 21 on the list. A month later I didn't seem to be much closer and unfortunately the site was severely affected by the floods in June. Some of the new plots were okay, but some were not and I began to wonder if I actually wanted to be on a site that may flood again and ruin all my hard work.

So I looked around for another site. The one I found was a little further away (but really not much) and on my way home from work. When I spoke to their local council (in a different area to the other plot) I was told they had 2 vacant plots if I wanted to choose one. The best thing I could of done. Everyone is very friendly, it's in a great position and the soil is fab. My plot is 26m x 8m (28.5yrds x 8.75yrds) so 210 ish m2. I think I've been very lucky to find one as quickly as I did, I realise now how many people are on waiting lists.

Good luck with yours!
          http://potterspatch.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have just had a phone call from a lovely lady called Sue who has offered me a choice of two lotties!!! Hurrah!!!
            Only a grand sum of four days waiting since handing my registration form in. Going to look this evening to make my choice.
            Shame I working this weekend, otherwise I would have love to get stuck right in.
            BW
            James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

Good luck James hope it was ok and not in too bad a state
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

I am very jealous, but all the best with it!
                There's just no telling who's growing Tomatoes these days!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X