Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotments - Radio 2

Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone's listening to radio 2 at the mo, but there's a discussion about builders/councils being made to allocate ground for allotments instead of or with building plots.

Makes canny listening and there might be useful points to pick up or give with other callers.
    We are each of us, a multitude... within us is a little universe... Dr Carl Sagan

Hi I went to our allotment AGM on Saturday and apparently all new large housing plans have to include allotment sites. Our area will only include people in the town boundary on the waiting list (e.g by postal codes ) and this has reduced the list somewhat. If you are on a list its worth asking if people who live inside a boundary have preference over some one who doesn't
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by newby View Post
      Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone's listening to radio 2 at the mo, but there's a discussion about builders/councils being made to allocate ground for allotments instead of or with building plots.

Makes canny listening and there might be useful points to pick up or give with other callers.
      I listened to this but it seemed a bit gimmicky to me. Interesting to note that we only have one third of the allotments we had during the 'Dig for Victory' wartime campaighn tho!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

When I was looking for my plot and the ones down the road were full I tried in several neighbouring villages and several of those only rented to ones inside the village which is a good idea if popular but sure if they would rather have empty ground if there was no waiting list.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X