Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neath Neath Neath?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any allotments in / around Neath?

Thanks!
    Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Neath, so good they named it thrice............
    "My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe Seperates Me From You"

Comment

Hi MrDinkle & welcome to the vine

Have you Tried here?
      Parks and Outdoor services - Allotment Information
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Thank You BubbleWrap, I should've thought of that! I have emailed NPT and am crossing my fingers and toes that they have something!

It will be a boon if they do as I am limited for space and I have big ideas

Comment

Have you tried your local Council, they usually have a list of Allotments with contact numbers.

Comment

I've emailed the council following reading the info that someone posted earlier.

I am waiting for a reply.

Thanks!

Comment

Apparently it could take them 8 working days to get back to me Ho Hum.

In a worst case scenario I have been offered a piece of lawn from a family member that I can convert to a plot - only trouble is (aside from the obvious drawbacks) it is about 15 miles away!

I have my fingers and toes firmly crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdinkle View Post
                ... I have emailed NPT and am crossing my fingers and toes ...
                1st thought was why has he e-mailed me and how did he know my initials

Like someone else said try Google maps or Google earth and look at the aerial photo's and see if you can spot any
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

The following is a list of allotment sites.

Moor Road Baglan
                  Crawford Road Baglan
                  Margam
                  Cwmavon
                  Glyncorrwg

Annual rate £23.15 / £16.80

There are waiting lists on each site if you want to added your name to the list please reply with full address & telephone number.

============

So no joy there. I have asked to be added to the list, although it appears that these sites are all at one end of the borough - eg. no where near me!

Comment

There is another option do you know of any elderly people who have a large garden they can't manage you could offer some veg in exchange for usage & they get their gardening done!
                    Brian Clough

Comment

yup, will just have to make do for now, don't think the missus will allow me to dig up anymore of the lawn

Comment

Originally posted by mrdinkle View Post
                        yup, will just have to make do for now, don't think the missus will allow me to dig up anymore of the lawn
                        You can't eat grass.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Very true.

I had a job persuading her that 2 small greenhouses (6 x 2) would be ok! I think it was only acceptable as I got them so cheap and she loves tomatoes!

Aside from that I have about 2m x 2m soil and I normally stick growbags and pots all down the path against the wall. However, The arrival of the greenhouses will mean that I am limited in my path/growbag allowance

I might take the inlaws up on their offer of a bit of their lawn.

Comment

Try neath town council they have 2 sites , not very big, one at fairyland and one i think old Road neath

marion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X