Private Sites

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Sites

Does anyone know how to go about finding a plot on a private site, is there some kind of register for instance?
    "My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe Seperates Me From You"

We are on a Private site and were told about it by word of mouth. No idea if there is a register though.

What you could do is go onto google earth and have a look at the aerial photos of your area which would show up any allotments, and then you could drive over at weekend and speak to anyone who is working there. Good time of year to do that as peeps are just getting ready to start planting ( and rescuing greenhouse glass!!)

Good luck! ( let us know how you get on!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If you plan on making a long standing comittment to an allotment I would check out how you stand first!

Some private allotment sites, I am led to believe, can be sold on a whim of the landlord and you just have to move on!

It's worth checking before you spend time and money on your plot methinks!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i am on one and i just knocked on the womens door and asked for one

Comment

I'm on one and I ask myself ( it helps to be the secretary). Contact the NASALG and they should be able to put you in touch with their regional Rep, they would probably know where all the sites are.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by snake the squadie View Post
            i just knocked on the womens door and asked for one
            I bet you say that to all the girls!
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

lol i think i should think before i type.

Comment

Word of mouth and persistance, our site is private and untill told they exsisted ignorantly walked past entrance most days. We just got owners number from some one on site at time and got one within a week or two.
                when we first got ours probaly 1/2 of plots were in use now bigger plots are being halved to cope with demand!

Comment

It's true that the owner of a private site can sell it at any time - you'd have until your current rental period expired and then have to move on.

Doesn't mean it's not a practical proposition though, just something to keep in mind.
                  Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                    I'm on one and I ask myself ( it helps to be the secretary). Contact the NASALG and they should be able to put you in touch with their regional Rep, they would probably know where all the sites are.
                    Do you know if the NASALG have a web site?
                    "My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe Seperates Me From You"

Comment

When I was first looking for a site the Council gave me a list of all the council and private sites in the area.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                        Do you know if the NASALG have a web site?
                        Oh yes:

National Society of Allotments and Leisure Gardeners Limited
                        Resistance is fertile

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X