Local Council Looking for Land

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Council Looking for Land

I took Nicks advice and got onto the local council asking why there were not any allotments in my area and after an initial quiet, I got a reply today.

I have been told that they have identified a lack of facilities and that they are looking for suitable sites to use as new allotments. I shall be very interested just how thorough they are and will kepp you posted, but I would suggest it as a starting point for anyone. Get onto your local council website, find the contacts and email each one of them.

You just never know!

Darren.

Well done Darren,

Found my book Just ! & init it states:-

The Small Holdings & Allotments Act, 1908
    • Section 23. ..The local authority has a duty to provide a sufficient number of allotments if they are of the opinion that there is a demand for them ... and then says if 6 rate payer of anarea, where the was no existing allotment provision, wrote to the local authority for an allotmen, then the authority would be obliged to take proceedings for allotment provision

There's a bit more waffle then. It's in a book called "The Allotment Handbook" by Sophie Andrews

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

That's good dwrudd - there aren't enough allotments around. I pass one on my way back from work each day, the old boy is always working it and it looks wonderful - one day I'll have the nerve to stop and talk to him, I'm so impressed with what he does
      www.poultrychat.com

Comment

You are right that there are not enough allotments around but a great peice of news from my brother in law, who is in charge of the allotments in Chorley, lancs (too far for me though) is that they are in the middle of creating 70 local plots for people in Chorley!!

Lets hope that the trend catches on

Darren

Comment

I'm lucky - where i live there are at least 5 allotment sites i can think of off the top of my head; as far as i know most have vacant plots too as there isn't enough take up :-(
          And my plot 60' x 30' only cost about £9 a year.
          One good reason to move to Wales!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X