New (overgrown) Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimothy1275 View Post
    sad fact is that he thinks that it was another plot holder there.
    it often is, and it’s been known for guilty parties to ‘invent’ intruders to throw you off their scent. I has a wildlife cam, and I know exactly who’s up to mischief on my plot
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
      If you don't have a garden shredder it might be worth it to beg, borrow or rent one to chop up all the brambles for the compost.
      I've been canvassing friends and family over the weekend and managed to get my brother to lend me his chipper, and a friend of mine may be able to get me a generator.

I love it when a plan comes together!
      The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
      - Sir Terry Pratchett, Diggers

sigpic As nutty as a fruitcake. Mmmmmmm cake.

https://blog.wizards-tower.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
        strangely I also remember this number, alas my own phone number I have to look in my phone for every time I give it to someone .... why can I not remember it?
        I'm the same, I have to look my number up when someone asks for it. But I can remember my Nan's phone number and she passed away 25 years ago!
        The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Comment

I've been canvassing friends and family over the weekend and managed to get my brother to lend me his chipper, and a friend of mine may be able to get me a generator.

I love it when a plan comes together!
          I normally bag it, take it home, shred it and take it back the next visit. Not sure if I'd be wanting to cart a generator and shredder to the plot.

I also get trimmings from the local jobbing gardener so it's handy having it in the garage as he drops the stuff off at home.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Didn't get a lot done this weekend, we had a lot of rain. Although there was a break for an hour or so which meant me and number 1 son managed to get down and set up my Heath Robinson compost bin and move into it most of the cuttings along with some of the comfrey I have growing abundantly on my plot. Hopefully this will start to compost down.

Here's my progress so far
            Click image for larger version

Name:	907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	2380399

I'm on holiday for the beginning of September so have laid down more tarpaulins (not in the photo, I did that after I took the picture) to cover any gaps, hopefully this will stop nature undoing my hard work, or at least minimise the damage.

When I get back I'm going to get cracking on the back half and start digging the front.

Comment

looking good!

Comment

I'm the same, I have to look my number up when someone asks for it. But I can remember my Nan's phone number and she passed away 25 years ago!
                I actually remember my first phone number too, I left home 36 years ago, and my grans and she died 28 years ago. weird isn't it must be an age thing.

Comment

I've been away for a couple of weeks and was dreading coming back to see my hard work undone by nature, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. A bit of digging and it was all sorted.

I set my boys digging their own little patch, first job for them, digging all the roots out!

IMG-1766 by James Saunders, on Flickr

IMG-1767 by James Saunders, on Flickr

Comment

Looking good - and you didn't even need to put them in manacles.

You could harvest that comfrey for the compost pile or to make concentrate over winter for next spring.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                      You could harvest that comfrey for the compost pile or to make concentrate over winter for next spring.
                      The comfrey grows at an amazing rate, it is all going on my compost heap to get it started. Before I went away I took a bucket full of leaves home and made a comfrey pipe, When I got home after a couple of weeks I had half a bottle of black goodness to water down and use. I'd read that it smells as it decomposes, and boy does it honk! I dread to think what the smell would have been like if I had put it in a bucket of water to make a comfrey tea!

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
                        goldfish bowl? or massive cocktail glass??
                        I like your optimism bikermike!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X