No announcement yet.

Plant theft from allotment plots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, have to be a car as you couldn't just carry out that many plants in a carrier bag.
    Hope you catch the **gg**s
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by flynch View Post
      I have reported it to the police, been given a crime number. I have also spoken to the committee and they sent a mass email about keeping an eye out and challenging anyone any members in areas of the site they have no reason to be. The site has a ridden camera facing the entrance only and no unknown cars have accessed the site nor has the perimeter been disturbed so is sadly 100% another member. Another plot holder has had currant bushes stolen, no sign on other plots so either taken for sale, garden or another plot on a different site (ours is a private site so nothing stopping people having additional plots on other sites).

Looking at trail cams that I can hide in a birdhouse.
      Hiding in a birdhouse sound excellent, make sure it's 'tatty' the birdhouse that is... Be also aware the red night light might need a bit of tape, the light not the camera, and we still got good shots. Experiment...

Chances are that now this has been made very public on your site it will stop for a month or two as word spreads fast. it will give you time to get a camera sorted...

Although I don't use my old nursery any more, it's surprising the amount of nosey 'bar-stewards' we still get pics of nosing around !!! Plus the added benefit of wildlife shots...

Good luck, and by the way for those that did this to you "karma is a bitch" and it will come back on them in some form!? x

Comment

Hi Ya, What a heartbreaking event. We have a problem on our site as some seem to think they can help themselves. It is one of the plot holders who is helping themselves though some have been spotted by a plot holder who lives over the road at 1am. I'm afraid they said it was foreign voices they heard and they had taken broccoli, strawberries and dug some ones early spuds up. Most plot holders are good and if they asked would give you a few bits I'm sure. Trail cameras are good I have got one and know who pinched my seedlings fro the cold frame one evening. the useless police did not want to know even with trail camera photos and I have heard of it before as it is classed as a minor crime or something. I bet the culprit was disappointed as I waited till the plants had grown nicely and treated them to some weed killer. I am not proud of what I did and it makes me as bad as them but they are not going to get away with it. Surely this is the wrong time of year? I have not had any problems since though others have lost crops and I let it be known who I saw. Still heads up. Good Luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X