Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop the inside of my boots/trainers/footwear from getting muddy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about an old pair of flipflops that you can slip on before your feet touch the carpet?
    I'm curious how your feet get filthy. Are you a barefoot gardener?

Comment

Any old pair of shoes or slipper would do, just to stop your feet touching floor. Or one of those clear plastic runners along your hallway?

Comment

Outdoor crocks and a pair of indoor crocks for me!
        I also have a designated pair for the chicken run
        Cheap and easy to clean
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          How about an old pair of flipflops that you can slip on before your feet touch the carpet?
          I'm curious how your feet get filthy. Are you a barefoot gardener?
          why didn't I think of that vc, haha yes seperate slippers to get to the bathroom
          I really don't know how my feet get so muddy, I've been digging a lot, all weather, when it's muddy I swear it flies into wellies, or whatever I'm wearing, and when it's dry it's dusty and also gets in that way.i may as well be a barefoot gardener, hehe

I think there is a magnetic force of soil going towards my feet, the same way when cooking spinach, hair must be tied up or its attracted to the spinach and gets in the dish, something to do with the positive negative attraction same thing for my wierd feets love of mud I think
          Last edited by chillithyme; 28-05-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Muddy feet

Use scaffold planks between rows, or make walking boards from pallets.

Comment

Originally posted by Chestnut View Post
              Any old pair of shoes or slipper would do, just to stop your feet touching floor. Or one of those clear plastic runners along your hallway?
              yes I think il go for the seperate slippers indoors to get to the bathroom chestnut, and make sure nobody else uses them, or they will have muddy feet too

Comment

Nico, I have a feeling I'm going to have a massive footwear collection, it's growing already

Rowbow or anybody who knows, any ideas on where to get scaffolding boards,cheaply or for free, I like

Comment

just an update on the footwear situation, it's been so hot here, that it's all dusty and not muddy at all, problem solved, I just wear my good old flip flops, for now

Comment

In winter I wear wellies with overtrousers, in summer if it's dry I wear clog-type shoes. I always tuck my trousers into my socks, though... I'm a big girl, so there's no gap between welly tops and legs. Sometimes I get muddy socks, but never muddy feet...

Comment

I keep my gardening boots and wellies down the plot and change into them there, just sometimes, especially after a hard day I forget to change back again.🤪
                      I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird

Comment

Wrap an old hessian or even plastic bag cut into a 3inch strip round your ankles similar to the gaiters but cheaper
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I've given up trying to keep my feet and socks clean, every time I dig with a spade I manage to fill a wellie with whatever. Was thinking of going barefoot but don't think it would be much fun during the winter and I aint no Hobbit.

At the last count when I was re-bagging all the wood chip down the lottie I must of emptied one of my wellies at least 6 times, luckily the socks were bought from aldi from their workwear range so they are durable and thick enough to manage to be washed so much.
                          The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

My wellies have a firm base and neoprene upper - fit close to the calf so nothing gets down. In summer I wear rubber clogs and just accept the dirt.....
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X