No announcement yet.

Buying plastic pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being mean, last time I wanted some pots I asked around amongst my friends. One of them had neighbours who must be nursery junkies as they gave me two bin bags full of pots only used once of varying sizes up to 9" diameter. Doubt I'll need to buy any nore now for the rest of my life time :-)

God knows how much they spent on plants BTW per year, got to have been £800+ just from the ones I saw. Oddly it was only a relatively small suburban garden too.

Comment

Can't remember "buying" any pots, ever! However, I have hundreds that people have offloaded on me. I've also picked up lots of cheap or free plants at H'base that have come with decent sized pots and reusable compost. Most of the plants survived too
      Others here have suggested Freecycle type sites - don't wait for pots to be offered, ask for them. You'll probably be inundated.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Garden centres often have a help yourself pile too. Problem is, I always end up buying stuff while I'm there!!
        My local one does and it's huge! Customers can chuck their unwanted ones in there too it's brilliant, OH always walks away in embarrassment

Comment

Bottom off Milk Jugs. Cut top up for labels and use a black sharpie... Red and Blue just fade too fast
          B&Q Orange (or for that matter Black) Buckets @ £1 if you have ran out of 10l paint pails

Comment

larkin

Get plastic milk containers and cut off the bottoms to use as pots for pricking out. I really want to stop using plastic pots but where can I find cheap terracotta 3 inch pots ? Any ideas ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X