No announcement yet.

Allotment Site Inspection Checklist

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I entirely see the need to manage and be fair, I'm glad our site is a lot more informal (and much smaller) as I'd have been out on my ear the first season. There are no plot holders on our site whose plots are entirely free from seeding weeds.

But then, we're a rural site. It would be hard to create an island of no seeding weeds when surrounded by fields and hedgerows that are full of them....

Carry on.

Comment

1Bee the guidance is to over 36 Allotment sites in a London borough and is required to ensure that everyone one knows the criteria and the process, I'm drafting based on the current guidelines and minutes from the allotment group minutes from the last eight years. It's also to educate the management company that has taken over from the local Authority as this should have all been in the contract documents between them and the council but was not included.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

I wasn't criticising, Cadalot, just nervous about my own poor standards (not by lack of trying, I hasten to add!). They're lucky to have you to get them organised and sorted!

Comment

This is the survey form we use, it gives a figure which reduces / eliminates personal opinion, is easier for an aggrieved plot holder to contest a numbered score and likewise, easier for the committee to defend how the figure was achieved. We also take photographs during the inspection. The sheet's available for download from our website so plot holders can tally up their own allotment at any time.

https://sites.google.com/view/robinh...ot-survey-form

(sorry, had to put it on as a link as I couldn't upload as a file)
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

We were advised that being the judge and jury during inspections could lead to legal challenges should an eviction notice be served. We now cross inspect other sites in the company of the site rep.

Comment

We usually have all plots let with a decent waiting list. I have a theory that a lot of our punters are ones who have failed plot inspections on other sites. Maybe we are a bit lax but their loss is our gain.
              If we did have plot inspections and acted upon them, I don't think we would have enough plotholders left to keep our association going.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We were doing monthly checks up until October - we sent out four letters after having spoken to those people who'd been seen on site about the issues, and no action being taken.

3 out of 4 made the changes requested.
                But one person was a bit upset at having got his first letter, and another person's wife was a bit upset.

One ignored them and went through the eviction process and has been evicted but due to interference by the landlord they have not left.
                But that is a whole other story.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X