X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can find them get some pallet collars, they’re brillant
    I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird

Comment

I started off with semi raised beds. In other words, soil from the paths and some manure piled on top of the beds, but no edging to the beds.
      Gradually, as I have been able to source cheap/free edging materials, I have edged/terraced some of them on the most sloping part of the plot.

Looking around our site, all kinds of materials can be used. Timber, aluminium roof sheeting, plastic sheet (outdated price list from Chinese takeaway), paving slabs (half buried so they stand up).

Comment

Its amazing what you can pick up for free. Gumtree, Facebook pages etc. Never pass a skip without looking in. Ask workmen on building sites, I always find them friendly.

Comment

Timber isn't that hard to come by - all of our beds have been done on recycled timber taken from skips.

Costly bit has always been filling them, and have used various materials to bulk out in the past. Tend towards hardcore/multch or manure/dug out soil and compost mix now

Comment

My first raised beds were made to a design Penellype used (check out the early part of her allotment thread) from deck timbers, cheapest from w!ckes.

The second lot were pale collars from FB selling pages.

The colourful ones are the pallet collars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190430_093229-1560x2080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	2383442

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X