No announcement yet.

Just got my first allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is what it currently looks like.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well done TBM on posting a photo. There'll be no stopping you now
      Your plot looks like a strim over, and lots of cardboard job to me. Block the light from the grass and peel back the cardboard, piece by piece, and remove as many roots as you can.
      As you clear a bit, you can plant it up.
      We'll want to see your progress photos

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but I have seen a lot of people talking about cardboard - what does that mean and what do I do?

Comment

Collect as many big cardboard boxes as you can - ask in bike shops and electrical stores for some. Lay it on the grass, weighted down if its windy and let the weeds beneath die off.
          Cardboard decomposes, unlike weed membrane, so can be left in place; you can even cut holes through it and plant into them.
          Its great and its free

Comment

welcome to the vine TBM,it looks like you got mainly grass,many off us wish thats all we had,glad you posting pics ok,if it is just grass,maybe if you took of the top like turf,to expose the earth in small bed like areas,for now,you will have somewhere easy to plant some things as has already been suggested,and the turves you take off,stack em up in a pile out the way for now,it will rot down and give you lovely loam to use in over 12 months time,waste not,want not,never mind about boy free time,it's for all to enjoy hehehehe,good luck to you
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X