No announcement yet.

Adding height to your plot!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's genius Newt, I believe VC did something similar with begonias for a colourful display... have you got that pic handy VC?
    He-Pep!

Comment

Here's mine last year. It started to fall off the shed a few months ago so its just a memory now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8121.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	2375726

I stapled an old compost bag to the inside of the front of the pallet and another bag to the outside of the back of the pallet, with a "pocket" across the bottom.
      Attached it to the shed, filled it with compost and cut holes into the plastic to plant the begonias.
      The shed roof drained into the guttering that is above the pallet; there were drain holes in the guttering to water evenly,
      It worked well and lasted for 2 summers.

Yours looks lovely, Newt.

Comment

I'd love a beautiful big back garden.
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

^^ in sunshiney south wales???
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Yours looks lovely, Newt.
            Oh! I should clarify sorry, that's a picture of an example one I found on the googles. Mine was lovely when I had it, but sadly I lost the photos of it!

I'll have to take fresh ones when I (hopefully) do something similar as a South-facing fence on my allotment.

Comment

Aahhhhhhh!! Never mind, I'm sure yours was just as attractive! If you'd found the photo of mine I would have know it wasn't yours

Comment

I grow peas and French beans on these frames. I've got fence post spikes on the bottom of the posts to save the wood from rotting. They are easy to pull up and move to a different spot each year. I staple the netting to the posts.

Name:	FB_IMG_1511798594182.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2375746
                Last edited by Dynamo; 27-11-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I bought some trestle legs from IKEA last year and fastened some boards to the top. They are in the right of this picture.

Name:	FB_IMG_1512084431609.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2375779

I'm using these trestles to grow Strawberries. What I do is re-use these plastic tubs that I buy wild bird food in.

Name:	IMG_20171130_233616.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	2375780

I drill half a dozen holes around the side about an inch or so from the bottom and then just fill them with compost before putting the strawberry plants in and then place them on the trestles. Because they have holes an inch or so from the bottom it means they have a bit of a reservoir of water in the bottom and don't dry out too easily. Being up off the floor is handy too to save you bending down to pick them, also they are easier to notice when they are ripe, and finally they hang in mid air over the edge of the pot which stops a few animals from getting at them and keeps them from rotting on the ground.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X