Rotovator advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
    Mantis also gets my vote, but with a proviso: it is excellent at producing a tilth and cultivates the ground well down to 4-6 inches, but in my experience you still need to winter dig. The Mantis comes into its own at Spring time due to its efficiency and convenience. I have the associated plough tool, but find it is a waste of time - once you have produced the tilth, a draw hoe is just as easy (and quicker!)

From the sounds of it, the Mantis is not going to work in my garden. Too many stones.

Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

the bloke next to me has a mantis and it does a great job of turning the heavy clay soil into a lovely tilth ,really does a good job ,thats what id get if i had the money
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Another vote for mantis.
        I've got one. It does everything I ask of it. I've got the plough and edging attachments.
        Only used the plough once ( don't plant spuds in beds anymore) but it was great. My partner and neighbor ( both farmers ) were very critical of my ploughing technique . I followed the line of my raised bed. It's not my fault the side I followed has a big bow in it .
        Never used the edging attachment. Keep forgetting I've got it .

Yes I get the occasional stone jammed in the tines. But they come out easily enough. With a little gentle persuasion and bad language

Might use the plough for my runner beans this year, they're going in straight lines for the first time.

Wonders off pondering........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X