No announcement yet.

New allotment!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely view... very steep plot though. I'd be inclined to just lie down and enjoy the view, too. The slope of the land lends itself well to it. Good luck anyway; very exciting project.

Comment

Nice view...i had carpet too ,its a nightmare ,good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Philglossop View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]75168[/ATTACH]

Here's the view from the plot. Looking South towards River Plym and Plymstock in the distance.
        Oh good, the instructions must have worked.

That is some view - definitely need a reclining chair and flask of something so that you can enjoy it.

For digging up carpets I found an azada/digging hoe to be invaluable for slicing the weeds and soil off above the carpets and then the roots below.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          Oh good, the instructions must have worked.

That is some view - definitely need a reclining chair and flask of something so that you can enjoy it.

For digging up carpets I found an azada/digging hoe to be invaluable for slicing the weeds and soil off above the carpets and then the roots below.
          Thanks for the advice that's brilliant.

I've lived here all my life bar 4 years in the mid 2000s when I lived in Glossop Derbyshire. My home City always surprises me but never seen this view before so it's special.

Talking to my parents and my best mate I think I'll start with the bottom of the plot and work up. Given we can only have bonfires around Bonfire night it makes sense. That way I can get the lower two beds into order, get some paving and some banking done in the next couple of months. The top bed is covered by branbles and brush plus the area for the shed. So collect all the free blackberries and then clear that around Guy Fawkes for a bonfire.

Slow but steady. I think it's not going to be fully operational for 2 years with manure (best mate is a horse groom so no issues there) plus I'll get to the beaches for magic seaweed in the winter storms. That worked wonders for my Nans little plot years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Philglossop View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]75168[/ATTACH]

Here's the view from the plot. Looking South towards River Plym and Plymstock in the distance.
            Looks cracking .that veiw would do it for me.
            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X