No announcement yet.

New Allotment Holder, Rotherham

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I brought a 5 piece garden tools set from Argos for £19.99, and it's brilliant I got an fork, spade, hoe, edging tool & soil rake

Also brought a few books on allotments and veg growing

I have got a bit more digging done and hope to do some more tomorrow and the rest of the week if I can

Got some salad lettuce and radishes coming up now in carrot box

No pics today as forgot to take them, lol will take some tomorrow

Comment

Again sorry in advance, forgot pics again

Today we have laid some more paving from the front of the plot around to the shed

We cleaned out the shed and sorted it out (Tools now hang up & the dog has a place to lay in the shade), we found lots of wood, 2 half bags of compost, 3 quarters of a big bag of gravel/pebbles, lots of plant pots & a gas weed wand (Which works!!!) in the shed, along with a lot of spiders (Shudder!!!) and a few dead mice & a lot of rubbish

We have also dug another 4ft by 12ft over

Small steps but every little helps

Again sorry about the lack of pics, will try to get some in the morning before work

Comment

Pics from the other day, forgot to take them today again

Comment

the cleared out shed

and one pic from yesterday

Today I have finished paving up to the shed door, down the side of the carrot bed and in front of the bench

I have dug over another 8ft by 4ft and we was given some purple sprouting broccoli plants (from another plot holder) so I have put them in front of the shed near the carrot bed

We now have rocket, radish, lettuce, basil and carrot seedlings coming up in the carrot bed

We are back there tomorrow, so will get some before and after pics tomorrow

P.S. Also my brothers now want a plot on the same site, so I have asked the site manager and he said the can have the plot they wanted, subject to them speaking to him directly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X