No announcement yet.

Netting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of the heights, you mentioned 8ft for the blueberries etc. But if on a plot where there are no sheds allowed, is height of things an issue?! Obviously can ask the site caretaker but just wondered what people thought.

Comment

Yes, I think before you start building any structures check with the committee what is allowed. I wasn't saying 8ft specifically for Blueberries but was thinking more of a fruit cage so it will give you the option to also grow fruit trees under it. Regarding Leeks, your site may be prone to disease. I have never had to net mine.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Cheers Bigmally. I might leave the leeks this year (after speaking to others on the plot) and go from there.

Have planned out the three frames for the other crops, including the 8ft version! But only to get an idea. Regardless I will need to net them and so can just chop the bottoms off to reduce the height! No trees will be going in there as have fruit trees at home in the garden. Will just be the blueberries in pots.

Comment

I have to cover my leeks now, after 2 years of bad harvests, cos of the leek flies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X