No announcement yet.

Autumn Leaves.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SusieG...how funny were the jokes you made in the bags?...maybe had a bearing on the end result.
    He he sorry couldn't resist!

Comment

If the leaves split their sides laughing it would help them decompose

Comment

leaf it out!
        He-Pep!

Comment

Well Saturday I had another (probably final) session on leaves from the school field. Wire cage now stuffed and inpregnated with pig muck, soil, rotted woodchip and some of last years leaves with any spores along with some greem amterial and urine. Lets see what we get again this year.

Back at home I shall collect more with the rotary mower along with grass and add them to the regular compost pile.

Comment

I'm still collecting leaves. Its interesting how the trees are different. The Turkey Oak (next door) is completely bare, our oak (I guess its a British Oak) all the leaves are brown and about 70% have come down but the leaves on another oak in our other next door neighbour's garden are still green (and will fall into our garden later).

Comment

Now adding urine and more soil to this years bumper collection. The urine particularly seems to help. Most of the centre of a pile/bin is ready to use in 1 year, the outside could benefit from starting the next years bin off to have long enough.
              I've probably got about 4-5 builders bags worth crammed full. It's a lot of effort but the free leaf mould in usable quantities is worth it to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X