No announcement yet.

Maverick's allotment thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been meaning to update this thread for a while but just been busy so at last ive taken some pictures

This is the entrance to my allotment, at the bottom of the picture if my neighbours compost bin which doubles up as our tea station

View down the length of my allotment

This is bed 1

Comment

Bed 2

Cordon fruit trees, stictly speakingI probably should underplant but I water and feed regularly so hopefully be ok

Potato bed
      Last edited by maverick451; 20-06-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Fruit bed, to be honest not a great year for my strawberries, the late frost did alot of damage and to make it worse I was too late putting the nets on so only had a moderate crop

Brassica bed, what we have noticed this year is under the enviromesh things seem to grow twice as fast, I m not sure if it acts like a little greenhouse but it definately works to grow things faster

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Sweetcorn and courgettes

In this shadier area I have celery, a bit of lettuce and some spring onions, excuse the weeds

Runner bean walkway

Comment

Wow, Wow and double Wow!!
            Looks amazing, Maverick. A Model plot of which anyone would be proud

Comment

Patio area

Path from patio to greenhouse

Not really alot going on in the greenhouse, just a few peppers and chillis

Comment

Last one I promise

Me and my neighbour have half share of a poly tunnel so we put in what we had left over, mostly chillis but also toms, cukes, and melons

Last edited by maverick451; 20-06-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

That is truly fantastic. You must be so proud of yourself
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

Amazing....great job Maverick.....you ought to send a picture to GYO, in fact I am going tosuggest they have a look at this thread

Comment

Very impressive!!!! Well done.
                      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Absolutely fantastic.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Brilliant! Gosh, what a beautiful plot. I haven't seen so many varieties of food plants in such a small place since I went to the Horniman Museum gardens. Too bad you're not a YouTuber... I would happily have watched your progress for hours. Thanks for the photos; they're amazing. Everything looks so healthy and you've used the space so well. Just brilliant!

Comment

Absolutely brill....well done-all within a year too!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 20-06-2017, 10:15 PM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks for the comments, im just an enthusiastic beginner but im really enjoying it.

Comment

Looks gorgeous Maverick, well done. I especially like your runner bean walkway, I'm going to borrow that idea for next year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X