Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I am a newbie at allotmenting and growing in general! My husband and I took on a 3 rod plot in March and after lots of hard work we now have it about 80% dug and planted 😊 We have just taken the 3 rod plot next door too (the prevous owner took it on at the same time as us but decided not to keep it!) We feel very lucky that it worked out in our favour! Although it is very over grown now,we are looking forward to the challenge. Sounds silly but we love the whole experience even more than I imagined we would. We also have four young children (1yr to 8yrs) and although it is tricky at times we try and involve them as much as possible and they seem to love it too!
    I look forward to getting to know you all and learn as much from you all as possible 😀

Hi, Welcome to the Vine. Friendly bunch so any questions please feel free to ask away
    Any photos of your plots as we love photos, we are a bit nosey
    I have two kids 6 and 8 and they love the allotment. They like mainly watering would you believe and seeing how wet they can get. But that's kids for you.
    Where are you based? Just asking as it will give peeps better idea where you live if you have any questions.
    So welcome again oh and did you bring any cake? We like cake
    sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to vine!

Sounds like you're doing really well already!
      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hello HP & welcome to the Jungle, happy days ahead by the sounds of it................Do you have a relative called Moon by any chance?.................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi there- and Welcome to the Vine from me too!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine, you are going to have a fab and busy summer with both your plots

Comment

Originally posted by Hodgepig View Post
                Hi all, I am a newbie at allotmenting and growing in general! My husband and I took on a 3 rod plot in March and after lots of hard work we now have it about 80% dug and planted �� We have just taken the 3 rod plot next door too (the prevous owner took it on at the same time as us but decided not to keep it!) We feel very lucky that it worked out in our favour! Although it is very over grown now,we are looking forward to the challenge. Sounds silly but we love the whole experience even more than I imagined we would. We also have four young children (1yr to 8yrs) and although it is tricky at times we try and involve them as much as possible and they seem to love it too!
                I look forward to getting to know you all and learn as much from you all as possible ��
                Hello and welcome to the vine.

Definitely sounds like you’ve caught the bug.

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                Hello HP & welcome to the Jungle, happy days ahead by the sounds of it................Do you have a relative called Moon by any chance?.................
                Your such a card

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear soul
                  Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                  Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for such a warm welome guys 😊
                    Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                    Hi, Welcome to the Vine. Friendly bunch so any questions please feel free to ask away
                    Any photos of your plots as we love photos, we are a bit nosey
                    I have two kids 6 and 8 and they love the allotment. They like mainly watering would you believe and seeing how wet they can get. But that's kids for you.
                    Where are you based? Just asking as it will give peeps better idea where you live if you have any questions.
                    So welcome again oh and did you bring any cake? We like cake
                    I need to get an updated one, as the plot is already looking different lol, but here is a pic this is from about 3 weeks ago, you can just see the fruit cage and a bit of our 2nd plot in the right corner of this pic ☺ We are in Fareham, Hampshire.

Of course I bring cake, it is zero calories after a day digging right?😂
                    Attached Files

Comment

Feel free to join the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_87848.html
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

this is the earliest picture I have on my tablet, but it gives you the idea of how it did look. This was about a month in, my husband is most proud of his shed  The plot had been looked after by a man who's health was poor. I have been told that he used to rotavate the weeds in every year and thats about it, also everyone used to pinch the top soil. It now sits about 6 inches lower than the path! As you can imagine this has left the (clay )soil in a sorry state, but we will be working on improving that with as much organic material and green manures as possible!

Attached Files
                        Last edited by veggiechicken; 08-06-2016, 01:09 PM. Reason: Flipping photo :)

Comment

Welcome Hodgepig. Your plot looks fantastic already.
                          Look forward to seeing more photos.....................and some high calorie cake please

Comment

Welcome from me as well hodgepig - I'm new on here to. Have 2 young ones (2 & 6). Eldest likes sowing, potting on (not forgetting to tickle plants bottoms as we say). 2 year old also getting good at planting out & both are dab hands at finding snails! Bamboo canes make good swords do watch out☺
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Hi Hodgepig ..... great name..!! Conjures up all sorts of pictures. ..........
                              A big welcome to The Vine, from me too!
                              Your plot already looks in good shape. It's good that you've caught your young 'uns early - 'fraid I left it a bit too late with my 14 year old ..... if it's not attached to a controller/remote/wireless/headphone ~ forget it ...!!!!
                              Ooh, yes, love the colour of your shed.
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X