Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting times Jackarmy! Go grow mate!
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Congratulations, just in time for to get stuck in.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Well done Jack
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Thanks again all
          Ill be going over in an hour or so Scarlet so guess ill see what state its in before i make any plans, but deffo putting in some CFBs , ive some young cabbages , beetoot growing in toilet rolls and outdoor girl growing ( all grown in the hope that the wait would end earlier rather than later ), would it be too late to geta crop from broad beans ?, if so i may put some in as green manure depending on plot.
          Got a load of potatoes in pots i may takeover, if not ive still loads of chitting pots that are plantable, also got some peas in toilet rolls . Oh and 3 squash plants in 4 inch pots.

Any other suggestions would be taken onboard, spent an hour or two reading the gardeners almanac last night but nothing sunk in lol.

Yes VC and thanks for thr glowing report Kev .
          Last edited by jackarmy; 10-05-2016, 06:44 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Brilliant news.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
              ... and outdoor girl growing
              OK so where did you get the seeds for this?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Hurray! Congrats Jack - hope the new bed is nice and roomy!
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                  From one of those Outdoors shops?
                  Jack has left the room..............Oooh the suspense
                  Hurry up Jack - we want piccies.

Comment

And Breathe, Jack is back intheroom .

Last years tomato seed swap organised by our Scarlet Jay , get onto this years if your not already.Its not huge Sparrow, far from it.
                    Popped overfor a quick recce and to get the key, took no photos though as it was persistantly pouring down .
                    Anyway, its the one raisedbed, approx 30 feet by 4 although theres room to extend by another 4 or 5 feet both ends.

TBH its an ideal size atm for me as my back is in bits and allmy toms and peppers/chillis are done at home so alls good in the hood so to speak.

Not a lot to do really appart from ripping the weeds and leftovers out and ill be good to go, will take some photos thursday although to be honest theres not a lot to see.

Like i said earlier in the thread, all newbys get one of these beds and then move up to full size plots when theres a free one and if youve proved yourself , a good system i think, also i could well be happy with a bed this size ( though i doubt it )

Anyway, sowed some runners, beetroot and cfb today so ill be off sorting it slowly come thursday .

Thanks again for all the good wishes and BM, the second option

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post

Was hoping for a reverse outside cowgirl Jay

Comment

There's a lot you can do with a bed like that. In fact, there's many a flat in Barcelona smaller than that. Not big enough for a cowgirl and her cow, mind!

Congratulations. Hope you have lots of fun.

Comment

Sounds perfect, Jack. Just right to cut our teeth on!
                          Is it far from home?
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-05-2016, 06:30 PM.

Comment

5 minute drive Scarlet and i have to pass asdas , lidl , aldi and buyology to get there so many birds and one stone so to speak

Comment

When did VC change her name to Scarlet?....................Anyways, I digress. 120 sq ft is a great size as a starter.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh yea , sorry VC , not that theres anything wrong with Scarlet of course........
                                Sorry Scarlet for thinking VC was you, nothing wrong with VC of course

digging deeper an i ?, thanks Mal .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X